While surfing the internet on Safari, you must have come across web pages that you want to save for a later reference. You can keep these pages as Safari bookmarks and revisit them quickly with just a few clicks. In short, Bookmarks helps you work smoothly and find things conveniently. Read on to know how you can manage your bookmarks on Safari browser.
It is a good possibility that if you’re using any Apple devices, then most of the time you might be using the Safari browser to browse the internet. Safari comes pre-installed on Apple devices and not to mention, and iOS and MacBook lovers use it more frequently than Google Chrome, which is the most commonly used web browser in all.
If you have used any other web browser before, you must already be familiar with the bookmarks feature and its basic concepts. Safari too gives you a very familiar bookmarking system to what you would have already used.
What are we waiting for then? Let’s take off!
Learn how to Add a Bookmark in Safari
So, you’ve come to the web page that you want to keep for revisiting it. This is what you need to do to bookmark it:
- Go to the web page (if it’s not already open)
- You’ll find an icon that looks like a box with an arrow coming out of it. It is the action box. Tap it
- Tap Add Bookmark in the pop-up menu that comes up
- In a bar that appears, edit details about the bookmark
- Using the Location row, you may also choose what folder to store it in by tapping on the selected folder
- Tap Save when you finish everything, and voila! The bookmark is saved
Suggested Read – How to Change Safari Default Search Engine?
Can you access Safari Bookmarks across all devices?
Safari uses iCloud to save all your bookmarks and keep them visible across all iOS devices and Mac computers that you’ve linked through iCloud. This feature is there so that if you save a bookmark on one device, you can view it on another one too.
Just make sure you’ve done the following:
- Tap Settings on your iPhone.
- Tap your name at the top of the screen.
- Now, slide the Safari icon to on/green. With this, you can sync all of your Apple devices Safari bookmarks to iCloud and to your other compatible devices that have the same setting enabled.
How to use your bookmarks
There is an icon that looks like an open book, present at the bottom of the Safari screen. Tap that icon, and it’ll reveal your bookmarks. Navigate through any bookmark folders you have to find the site you want to visit. Just tap the bookmark to go to that particular website.
- Suggested Read – How to Import Bookmarks to Chrome?
To edit or delete bookmarks in Safari
To entirely know how to manage your bookmarks, now you just need to learn how to edit or delete your bookmarks.
- Tap the bookmark icon and open the bookmarks menu.
- Tap Edit.
When you do this, you’ll have three picks:
Tap the red circle present on the left of the bookmark to delete it. Press the Delete button that appears at the far right.
You go to the same screen that you were at when you added a bookmark. To edit it, tap the bookmark and change the name, website address or folder itself, which has the bookmarks.
Create a new folder
Tap New Folder, give it a name and choose a location for that folder to stay, to create a new folder in which you can store bookmarks, to save your new folder, tap the Done key on the keyboard. Once you finish with your changes, tap the Done button.
|Was this article helpful?|
|Thanks for letting us know!|