Bartolo Colon, The baseball star, has an estimated net worth of $70 million with an annual salary of $219,261. So, how does this sports star amount to so much money? Let’s see all the ways that he makes money, shall we?
Bartolo Colon was born on the 24th of May, 1973 in Altamira in the Dominican Republic. Having had a very tough childhood, he has worked extremely hard to get to where he is. He is married to Sylvia and has two children.
- Suggested Read – Tim Tebow Net Worth: From Football to Baseball to Books
Earnings included in Bartolo Colon Net Worth
His Baseball Career
- His career debuted in 1993 when Colon was chosen by the Cleveland Indians which started with a salary of $150,000 per year when he was just on a freelance basis. In 1997, he officially made it into the MLB with the Cleveland Indians with a contract worth $9.2 million and an annual salary of $1 million.
- In 1995, Bortolo played for Kinston from Single-A Carolina League
- He also played for Buffalo Bisons
- The MLB record that exists for the most pitches till now was set by Colon in 1998
- In 2002, Colon played for Montreal Expos with a salary of $4.5 million, he then played for Chicago White Sox in 2003 who paid him $6 million for a year, and the Anaheim Angels signed him again 2004 until 2007 for $9 million per year and a bonus of $8 million
- In 2008, Colon played for the Boston Red Sox for a salary of $1.2 million
- Chicago White Sox signed him again in 2009 for $1 million
- In 2011, he played for the New York Yankees who paid him $900,000
- He became a part of Oakland Athletics in 2013 for $3 million and New York Mets in 2014- 2015 for $11 million a year
- In 2016, Colon was signed by the Braves on a one year deal for $12.5 million
- In 2017, he signed a minor contract with the Minnesota Twins
- Earlier in 2018, Bortolo signed an agreement with The Rangers that will see him earn around $1.75 million with more incentives
- He received $50,000 bonus for winning the Silver Slugger Award in 2016
- Bortolo is a proud owner of a mansion situated in Villa Park in California
- He lives with his family in a home in New Jersey
He owns a 2015 model of Range Rover Sport
Endorsements and ventures
- He is the founder of the ‘Bortolo Colon’s baseball academy’. It trains young Dominican players like himself and helps develop their future
- The baseball player has trademarked his pet name of ‘Big sexy’ and is thinking of turning it into an apparel brand
- Having led a challenging life in Altamira without water and electricity, Bortolo’s charity work consists mainly of helping his community to get better
Bortolo has won over 11 awards for all his achievements in the field of baseball. Age is just a number for Colon, and being 42 years old he is still in shape and can hit home runs and make amazing pitches. He is a role model and inspiration for all young baseball players. Bortolo has had an enormous career with different teams who have all only positive things to say about him. In 2018, he entered into a new contract with the Rangers. The previously mentioned line shows us that he remains in demand where all others fade.