Who doesn’t love a superhero movie? Don’t we all wish we had some superpower to help save the world and fight off the bad guys? Well, we have created a list of the ten best superhero movies of all time to help narrow down the kind of superpower you would want. Just Kidding! We hope you enjoy it.
You can watch the movies without paying at these sites that offer free movies online. You may not ge the latest flicks, but you will surely find all older movies. If you prefer watching movies on smartphones or tablets, these free movie apps can do the job.
1. Hellboy (2004)
- IMDB Rating: 6.9/10
- Movie Length: 132 minutes
- Director: Guillermo del Toro
- Actors: Ron Perlman, Doug Jones, Selma Blair
- Gross revenue: $99.14 million
The first movie on my list of top ten superhero movies is Hellboy which is about the son of the devil named Hellboy (Ron Perlman) who is supposed to be the bad guy but grows up fighting evil having been brought up by a good man. He is accompanied by a woman he loves Liz (Selma Blair), who has the power of fire and Abe Sapien (Doug Jones) who is a psychic merman.
2. The Incredibles (2004)
- IMDB Rating: 8/10
- Movie Length: 115 minutes
- Director: Brad Bird
- Actors: Craig T Nelson, Samuel L Jackson, Holly Hunter, Jason Lee
- Gross revenue: $261.44 million
A superhero movie where Mr Incredible saves a man who didn’t want to live anymore. The heroes are forced to live a normal life. Mr Incredible (power of super strength), his wife (elastic girl) and three children who also have superpowers are living as any other human would. Everything is normally going, when one day Mr Incredible is contacted by a stranger giving him a task of fighting an alien and secretly starts his missions.
3. The Dark Knight (2008)
- IMDB Rating: 9/10
- Movie Length: 152 minutes
- Director: Christopher Nolan
- Actors: Christian Bale, Heath Ledger, Aaron Eckhart, Michael Caine
- Gross revenue: $534.86 million
This series of Batman sees the introduction of the legendary villain ‘The Joker’ (Heath Ledger). The Dark Knight AKA Batman (Christian Bale) is faced with the mental challenge of defeating joker who questions many of the things that Batman believes in. The psychotic villain becomes almost impossible to beat.
4. Hancock (2008)
- IMDB Rating: 6.4/10
- Movie Length: 92 minutes
- Director: Peter Berg
- Actors: Will Smith, Charlize Theron, Jason Bateman
- Gross revenue: $227.95 million
Hancock (Will Smith) and Ray Embry (Jason Bateman) become the best of friends when Hancock saves his life and Ray helps Hancock with bettering his image in front of the world. But for some reason, Ray’s wife Mary (Charlize Theron) does not like Hancock and wants nothing to do with him.
5. Jumper (2008)
- IMDB Rating: 6.1/10
- Movie Length: 88 minutes
- Director: Doug Liman
- Actors: Hayden Christenson, Samuel L Jackson, Jamie Bell, Rachel Bilson
- Gross revenue: $80.17 million
This superhero movie is about a young boy named David Rice (Hayden Christenson) who can teleport physically to any place with his mind. David runs away from home and robs a bank which is when he comes across a group of people who hunt jumpers just like him. After eight long years, he crosses paths with the same people again, but this time they use the only collateral he has, his love Millie (Rachel Bilson).
6. Kickass (2010)
- IMDB Rating: 7.6/10
- Movie Length: 117 minutes
- Director: Matthew Vaughn
- Actors: Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Nicolas Cage, Chloe Grace Moretz, Garrett M Brown
- Gross revenue: $48.07 million
This superhero movie is a story about Dave Lizewski (Aaron Taylor-Johnson) and his friends who have no superpowers but still take it upon themselves to be superheroes who save the world and fight off evil.
7. Megamind (2010)
- IMDB Rating: 7.3/10
- Movie Length: 95 minutes
- Director: Tom McGrath
- Actors: Will Ferrell, Brad Pitt, Tina Fey
- Gross revenue: $148.42 million
Megamind is a big supervillain who has been at war with Metro-Man (the good superhero) for all his life. One day, he succeeds in killing Metro-Man, and the whole of the city becomes his. After months of enjoying his life he gets bored not having any good guy to fight so he creates a new villain, but things turn the other way round.
8. Man of Steel (2013)
- IMDB Rating: 7.1/10
- Movie Length: 143 minutes
- Director: Zack Snyder
- Actors: Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Michael Shannon, Diane Lane
- Gross revenue: $291.05 million
Clark Kent (Henry Cavill) is a human with superpowers. He tries his best to hide away his powers but has to come forward to help the world when it is attacked by Clark’s own people from another planet.
9. The Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
- IMDB Rating: 7.4/10
- Movie Length: 141 minutes
- Director: Joss Whedon
- Actors: Chris Evans, Robert Downey Jr, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth
- Gross revenue: $459.01 million
Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr) with the help of Bruce Banner (Mark Ruffalo) creates an intelligence known as Ultron to help fight the bad guys. This deal turns against them as Ultron discovers how humans are selfish and do wrong to benefit themselves and start planning to kill the ones he is meant to protect. The Avengers must now come together once again to stop Ultron and put an end to him before he harms the human race.
10. Ant-man (2015)
- IMDB Rating: 7.3/10
- Movie Length: 117 minutes
- Director: Peyton Reed
- Actors: Paul Rudd, Michael Douglas, Corey Stoll, Evangeline Lilly
- Gross revenue: $180.20 million
Scott Lang (Paul Rudd) is a con-man but also the person is given a second chance by Dr Hank Pym (Michael Douglas) who gives him a suit with the ability to shrink to a size of an ant but immense strength. With bad guys after the suit, Scott must both save the suit and the world.