Tom Cruise is an American actor and producer, who is most famously known for his role of an IMF agent in the Mission Impossible Franchise but Tom Cruise has given us plenty other hits. The following is a list of ten best Tom Cruise movies up to date.
1. Top Gun (1986)
- IMDB Rating: 6.9/10
- Movie Length: 110 minutes
- Director: Tony Scott
- Actors: Tom Cruise, Kelly McGillis, Val Kilmer
- Gross revenue: $356.8 million
Maverick (Tom Cruise) is accepted into Miramar’s Elite Fighter School mainly known as ‘Top Gun’.
There he is put to the test and is in constant competition with the best especially a fellow peer named Iceman (Val Kilmer). He also learns a little something about his father.
2. Mission Impossible (1996)
- IMDB Rating: 7.1/10
- Movie Length: 110 minutes
- Director: Brian De Palma
- Actors: Tom Cruise, Emmanuelle Beart, Ving Rhames, Jon Voight
- Gross revenue: $457.6 million
Jim Phelps (Jon Voight) and Ethan Hunt (Tom Cruise) were part of the Phelps’ team but suddenly something goes, and the only survivor is Ethan Hunt.
Everyone at the agency start suspecting Ethan of being a mole and Ethan has insufficient time to find the real culprit and prove his innocence.
3. The Mummy (2017)
- IMDB Rating: 5.5/10
- Movie Length: 111 minutes
- Director: Alex Kurtzman
- Actors: Tom Cruise, Sofia Boutella, Annabelle Wallis, Russell Crowe
- Gross revenue: $80.1 million
Ahmanet (Sofia Boutella) practices Black Magic in the ancient Egypt times and is buried alive by the people.
After a decade a Nick Morton (Tom Cruise) an excavator along with his team find her coffin and accidentally let the evil out.
4. American Made (2017)
- IMDB Rating: 7.2/10
- Movie Length: 115 minutes
- Director: Doug Liman
- Actors: Tom Cruise, Sarah Wright, Domhnall Gleeson, Jesse Plemons, Jayma Mays
- Gross revenue: $134.86 million
This movie is a story of a pilot named Barry Seal (Tom Cruise) who flew worked for the CIA in 1978.
At that time Pablo Escobar (Mauricio Mejia) was on a lookout for a man like Barry. Soon Barry started smuggling drugs and guns for Pablo but was bound to get caught.
5. Jack Reacher (2012)
- IMDB Rating: 7/10
- Movie Length: 130 minutes
- Director: Christopher McQuarrie
- Actors: Tom Cruise, Lee Child, Rosamund Pike, Werner Herzog, Jai Courtney
- Gross revenue: $218.34 million
When five random people are shot by a sniper on the street, a former army sniper with a similar history of shooting people is arrested.
His lawyer Alex Rodin (Rosamund Pike) is asked by him to bring in Jack Reacher (Tom Cruise).
When Jack looks into the case after being persuaded by Rodin finds out that the man is being framed and might be innocent, but for proving that they need to find the evidence.
6. A few good men (1992)
- IMDB Rating: 7.7/10
- Movie Length: 138 minutes
- Director: Rob Reiner
- Actors: Tom Cruise, Jack Nicholson, Demi Moore, Aaron Sorkin, Kevin Bacon
- Gross revenue: $243.24 million
LT Daniel Kaffee (Tom Cruise) is a lazy Navy Lawyer who never gives his best for any case.
This changes when he is given the case of two Marines who were accused of murdering a fellow peer.
Now, Daniel has to find evidence and prove the two not guilty as they were only acting under strict orders.
7. Mission: Impossible- Ghost Protocol (2011)
- IMDB Rating: 7.4/10
- Movie Length: 138 minutes
- Director: Brad Bird
- Actors: Tom Cruise, Paula Patton, Jeremy Renner, Simon Pegg, Lea Seydoux
- Gross revenue: $694.7 million
Another one of the critical tasks given to Ethan Hunt (Tom Cruise) and his team. This time a guy named Hendricks (Michael Nyqvist) has somehow acquired the nuclear launch codes of Russia and plans to blow up the country.
Ethan must do everything in his power to stop him after the President pulls back from having any connection with the IMF after they are found out.
8. Rain Man (1988)
- IMDB Rating: 8/10
- Movie Length: 133 minutes
- Director: Barry Levinson
- Actors: Tom Cruise, Dustin Hoffman, Valeria Golino, Gerald R Molen, Bonnie Hunt
- Gross revenue: $182 million
Charlie Babbit (Tom Cruise) is left nothing but a car and a bed of roses from his father in his will while almost $3 million is given towards the trust fund of a person whom Charlie later finds out is his brother who has autism.
In Charlie’s attempt to get the $3 million, he kidnaps Raymond Babbit (Dustin Hoffman), his brother.
9. Jerry Maguire (1996)
- IMDB Rating: 7.3/10
- Movie Length: 139 minutes
- Director: Cameron Crowe
- Actors: Tom Cruise, Renee Zellweger, Cuba Gooding Jr, Jonathan Lipniki, Kelly Preston
- Gross revenue: $273.55 million
This movie is about a man named Jerry Maguire (Tom Cruise) who was a very successful sports agent and had wealthy clients and the perfect life until he was stripped of it all.
Now, he has to rebuild his career with just one client Rod Tidwell (Cuba Gooding Jr) and Dorothy (Renee), the only people who believe in him.
10. Collateral (2004)
- IMDB Rating: 7.5/10
- Movie Length: 120 minutes
- Director: Michael Mann
- Actors: Tom Cruise, Jamie Foxx, Jada Pinkett Smith, Mark Ruffalo, Javier Bardem
- Gross revenue: $217.7 million
Max Durocher (Tom Cruise) has been a cab driver all his life, and his only dream is to own his limousine service someday.
One day Max is driving from through a place where he is sabotaged by Vincent (Jamie Foxx) who is a contract killer.
Max and Vincent’s survival becomes interdependent when the L.A.P.D and F.B.I are after them.
|Was this article helpful?|
|Thanks for letting us know!|