Good oral hygiene is essential for dental health as well for your overall wellbeing. Gum disease has become a significant risk factor contributing to the development of health conditions like heart disease and diabetes.
Right from childhood, we all have been taught to use a toothbrush to clean the germs on our teeth. The toothbrush is one of the crucial aspects of maintaining good oral hygiene.
Additionally, a suitable toothbrush increases the efficiency of teeth cleaning and provides better protection against bacterial accumulation.
In today’s world, toothbrushes are available in hundred different designs and specifications. It is beneficial to have the right knowledge about the best types of toothbrushes that are suitable for your needs.
The American Dental Association has declared that manual toothbrush cleans your teeth as effectively as the electric toothbrush.
The choice of selecting between a manual and an electric toothbrush depends on your preference and budget.
To make things easier for you, we have listed out some of the top-selling manual and electric toothbrush of 2020.
Scroll down to choose the best toothbrush available in the market and enhance your oral hygiene and dental health.
What is the difference between electric and manual toothbrush?
An electric toothbrush is a battery operated equipment. It comes with toothbrush bristles that vibrate or rotate to allow micro-movements that remove the plaque and clean the teeth and gums.
Benefits of having an electric toothbrush include –
- Suitable for people with an orthodontic appliance
- Best choice for people with arthritis or any other developmental disability
- Efficient in cleaning the teeth
- For replacement, you have to replace the head of the toothbrush instead of buying a new electric toothbrush
- Fun for kids
A manual toothbrush is a familiar choice and has been around for a long time. They are not as fancy as an electric toothbrush. However, they are still an efficient tool for maintaining good oral hygiene.
Benefits of manual toothbrush include –
- Easily accessible at any pharmacy, gas station, dollar store or grocery store
- Very economical
- A great tool to teach proper brushing technique to young children
What are the best manual and electric toothbrushes you should buy?
1. Philips Sonicare Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush
Benefits of Sonicare are listed below –
- Comes with a built-in pressure sensor which controls the brushing speed to protect the teeth and gums.
- The QuadPacer records the time and lets you know when you’ve spent the right amount of time cleaning each section of your mouth.
- The BrushSync feature tracks the usage of the brush and alerts the individual when its time to replace the toothbrush.
- The sonic electric toothbrush is the best choice for people with braces, fillings, crowns, or veneers.
2. Colgate Enamel Health Sensitive Toothbrush
The back of the head comes with an attached tongue and cheek cleaner, which helps to remove plaque and bacteria from the soft oral tissues and eliminate bad breath. Other benefits of this toothbrush include –
- The bristles are 48% softer than traditional bristles which protect the tooth enamel and gums
- The central polishing cups help to remove the stains fro gently the tooth surface
- It also has raised cleaning tip, which can easily access the difficult to reach areas in the mouth.
3. Dental Expert Soft Charcoal Toothbrush
The charcoal toothbrush is one of the best budget toothbrushes you can purchase without compromising on the quality. It comes in a value pack of five with charcoal infused bristles that provide a superior cleaning while removing the stains from the tooth surface.
Benefits of charcoal toothbrush include –
- Most affordable choice with superior quality
- The charcoal infused bristles also help in tooth whitening
- The power tip comes with long and soft bristles which are comfortable and competent in cleaning the back teeth
- Allows comprehensive cleaning of teeth, tongue, and cheeks.
4. Oral-B Kids Electric Rechargeable Power Toothbrush
The Oral –B Pro-Health electric toothbrush is the best choice for kids to maintain a clean and healthy oral environment. This toothbrush comes with a fun and fancy Disney theme that is attractive to kids and encourages them to use the toothbrush regularly.
Benefits of Oral-B Pro-Health toothbrush include –
- The toothbrush comes with the facility of a downloadable Disney timer app. Scan the product to reveal the Disney characters with two minutes of brushing. This encourages the kids to clean regularly for the right amount of time.
- It comes with a waterproof handle
- The distinct shape allows effective cleaning of individual teeth
5. Curaprox Swiss 1009 Special Toothbrush for Implants and Braces
Cupraprox may not be an ideal toothbrush. However, it is an excellent adjunct to regular toothbrushing. Cupraprox is specially designed for people with braces or implants. It comes with a long bristle head that offers a similar function as a water pick.
Benefits of cupraprox special toothbrush include –
- Easy to access bristle head that can be slide underwire or angled around brackets to clean the areas that are not reached by a traditional toothbrush.
- Helps to remove plaque build-up around braces and implants that may stain the teeth permanently.
- Comes with quality assurance by Curaden a well known Swiss company
6. Oral-B Black Pro 1000 Power Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
This toothbrush is one of the bestsellers for this year. It has been clinically tested and provides a superior clean as compared to a regular toothbrush. The brush is designed to have cross action bristles that are angled at 16 degrees to give a 3D cleaning of the mouth.
Benefits of this toothbrush include –
- Efficient in plaque removal
- Prevents gingivitis
- ADA approved
- The pressure sensor stops the pulsations if you are brushing too hard
- Comes with 2 minutes built-in timer that pulses every 30 seconds to remind you of the time left for cleaning
7. Doctor Plotka’s Floss Bristle Silver Toothbrush
Doctor plotka’s toothbrush invention comes with a background experience of 45 years. This toothbrush comes in a variety of designs like manual, electric, and travel toothbrush. Its antimicrobial flossing bristles keep the toothbrush sterile even when not in use.
Benefits of this toothbrush include –
- The silver embedded in the toothbrush helps to naturally eliminate around 99% of the bacteria that may build up on the bristles within 6 hours.
- The toothbrush bristles are ten times thinner and measure one micrometer at the tip, which allows efficient plaque removal.
Take away message
The toothbrush is an essential component of your regular oral healthcare routine. Therefore, selection of the toothbrush is crucial to allow adequate cleaning of your teeth.
When it comes to choosing a toothbrush, the main criteria depends on your preference and needs.
An electric toothbrush is equally effective in cleaning the teeth and removing plaque from the mouth as compared to a traditional manual toothbrush.
With the variety of designs and specifications of toothbrush available in the market, it becomes difficult to choose the best toothbrush.
This article will help to clear your mind and choose the best suitable toothbrush this year.
|Was this article helpful?|
|Thanks for letting us know!|