The famous ‘Science Guy’ who is also a comedian, writer and science educator, Bill Nye’s net worth is estimated to be nearly $6.5 million. He is pretty famous on social media with almost 2.81 million followers on Twitter.
Born on 27th December 1955 in Washington, Bill has completed his Bachelor’s in engineering from Cornell University. His dad was a veteran and his mother a code breaker during the World War II. Bill initially worked at a Boeing Company. He has been married once.
- Suggested Read – What is Harrison Ford’s Net Worth?
Earnings comprising Bill Nye net worth
His TV Success
- He is known for his role in the Disney and PBS sponsored show called ‘Bill Nye The Science Guy’. It was aired for the first time in the year 1993 and lasted for five years.
- In the show, he taught science in the most fun way possible, and many young people are thankful to him for that.
- In 2005, he produced his series called ‘The eyes of Nye’ which focused on issues like food and Global Warming.
- He took part in ‘Dancing with the Stars’.
- He has also made appearances on shows like ‘Numb3rs, Almost Live! And most importantly the Scientists sitcom ‘The Big Bang Theory’.
- Bill has also starred in a documentary called ‘Bill Nye: Science Guy’ which is based on his life and science advocacy.
- He hosted an educational program in 1989 called ‘Fabulous Wetlands on Washington State’s wetlands’.
- Bill also hosted a Discovery Channel series called ‘Greatest Inventions with Bill Nye’.
- He wrote funny sketches and starred for kids TV shows.
- He is said to return to television as the host of a ‘Science Talent show’.
- Bill Nye will appear on a Netflix series called ‘Bill Nye saves the world’ whose first episode was aired in April 2017.
- Bill owns a home in Los Angeles, California. He purchased the 1,685 square feet home in 2006 for $1.7 million.
- Bill Nye lives in an apartment in Chelsea on the 24th
Suggested Read – What is Jerry Springer’s Net Worth?
He recently became a proud owner of a Honda Accord. Bill Nye is a fan of electric cars, he recently bought a Chevy Bolt EV which was his seventh in the Electric collection. He talks about moving to electric vehicles and also has interest in driverless cars.
Endorsements and ventures
- He is the part of the ‘Chabot Space and Science Center’ exhibition.
- He invented an improved ballet slipper that provides a little more support to the ballet dancer’s toes.
- Bill Nye is the CEO of ‘The Planetary Society’.
- He was a part of the expedition by the name ‘Mars Exploration Rover’.
- He also invented an educational magnifying glass.
- www.billnye.com is a website he owns
- He also has a share in an e-commerce startup ‘Quarterly’.
Bill Nye has written a number of books which have helped him earn money.
- Jack and the Geniuses: At the bottom of the world is his latest book.
- Unstoppable: Harnessing science to change the world
- Undeniable: Evolution and the Science of creation
- Bill Nye the Science Guy.
- He supports causes such as poverty and conservation
- He has promoted education startups.
Foundations and Charities that Bill Nye supports are:
- National Park Foundation
- The Planetary Society.
Bill sometimes takes classes as a Guest Professor at Cornell University. Age is just a number for this guy as he continues to star in series and do what he does best.
Feature Image Credit: Snapshot from YouTube Video by Global Citizen (Shark Tank)
|Was this article helpful?|
|Thanks for letting us know!|