The famous country singer, songwriter, actor and the father of the pop sensations of today’s generation Miley and Noah Cyrus, Billy Ray Cyrus net worth is a whopping $20 million.
Born in Kentucky US, on August 25, 1961, Billy was a talented young boy. At the age of 4, he started singing in the church choir where his grandfather was a pastor. Billy was also good at sports and landed himself a baseball scholarship to Georgetown college but dropped out to pursue his dreams in music.
Earnings that are included in his total net worth
He started his music carrier as a country singer and became famous in his first try in the industry.
- Initially, he started off in a band named ‘Sly’ later signing with Mercury Nashville Records
- His debut album ‘Some gave all’ in 1992, is his best-selling album which received nine platinum certifications and remained in the #1 place for 17 weeks. It sold more than 20 million copies worldwide
- The album has his most famous songs, one of them being ‘achy breaky heart’, which alone earned a triple platinum
- He has released more than 13 albums
Movie and TV
Let’s have a look at his television career:
- The actor earned $250,000 per season from the Syfy show UFO
- The younger generation most famously knows him through his role in the ‘Hannah Montana’ series which was started in 2006. He played the role of Hannah Montana’s dad, and Miley Cyrus played Hannah Montana. The franchise is said to be worth $1 billion
- He also performed on ‘Dancing with the stars’ alongside his daughter
- He played the lead role of a doctor in the series ‘Doc’ in 2001 for 88 episodes
- He starred in two documentaries made by ABC on him
- He was the host of Nashville Star and also appeared in many more TV series
Suggested Reads – What is Steven Seagal’s Net Worth?
Billy earned around $12 million from his movies. Some of the films he has appeared in are:
- Radical Jack
- Mulholland Drive
- Wish You Were Dead
- Hannah Montana: The movie
- The spy next door
- Sharknado 2
- He owns a Fiat 500 worth $17,000
- Billy also owns a Can-Am Spyder Roadster worth $20,000
Endorsements and ventures
- In 2009, Billy produced the movie of his daughter’s already famous series Hannah Montana which earned $80 million
- He also produced 8 episodes of the show titled ‘Surprise Homecoming’ in 2011
- He has been featured in 5 magazines
- His endorsements, ads and sponsorships amount to a total of $6 million
- He first owned a home in his homeland Kentucky
- Billy and his family owned a 500-acre farm in Thompson’s Station.
- Then they purchased 1,200 square feet home, and they customised it. The house is now 3,000 square feet home having 5 bedrooms and a guest barn.
- Their home in Toluca is 8,299 square feet with 6 bedrooms and 7 bathrooms. He bought it in 2007 for $5.8 million.
- In 2013, Billy Ray authored the book ‘Hillbilly heart’ which talks about his childhood and life growing up
Suggested Read – What is Barack Obama’s Net Worth?
- In 1994, Billy made a song for AIDS benefit album named ‘Red Hot’.
- In the year 1999, he received the “Humanitarian of the year” award.
- He has worked for the betterment of young children and has received honours for it.
After the famous singers like Elvis Presley, Dolly Parton, Billy Ray Cyrus also hit the world with his Achy Breaky heart country song. His songs are still alive and buzz in the minds of people from all ages.
|Was this article helpful?|
|Thanks for letting us know!|