Brooklyn Signature MattressStarts from $479
Construction and Design9.8/10
Warranty & Guarantee9.9/10
- Choice of three firmness – soft, medium, firm
- Best of both world - foam and innerspring
- Cooling TitaniumGel
- 1024 sping coils for strong support
- Ideal for all types of sleepers
- Less bouncy as compared to full spring mattresses
- Heavier than pure foam mattress
Are you looking for a comfortable memory foam mattress while still yearning for the firmness and ruggedness provided by spring mattress? If so, Brooklyn mattress is the answer.
Brooklyn offers the best of both worlds. Being made of innerspring and foam both, this mattress is ideal for those who think all-foam mattresses lack motion transfer and bounciness.
The innerspring base would appeal to those who need more firm overall support as well as edge support. What is more, you can also choose from three levels of firmness to suit your sleeping preference.
Let us find out more on what makes Brooklyn Signature mattress so unique and different from others and how it makes for a wise investment decision.
Features that make Brooklyn Signature mattress stand out from the crowd
So, what makes the Brooklyn mattress so unique? Brooklyn has a range of mattresses including the most popular one – The Brooklyn Signature. Besides, it comes with multiple firmness options as well.
But before getting into deeper, let’s find out the key features.
- The Brooklyn Signature mattress gives you a choice of three firmness options – soft, medium and firm
- Have the best of both worlds – made out of both innerspring and foam
- The top layer is made of patented TitanFlex™ foam which has the contouring features of memory foam and responsiveness of latex
- The second layer is of Energex™ foam which is a bit firm for compression support
- The 6-inch thick base is made of 1,024 Ascension™ coils for enhanced support and lesser motion transfer
- The foam contains TitaniumGel™, a cooling compound to keep the body temperature cooler during sleep
- To support the coils and increased durability, there is a 1-inch thick high-density foam base.
- The total thickness is about 1 foot.
- Fully manufactured in the U.S.A.
- 10-year warranty
- 120-night risk-free trial
1. Construction and Design
The Brooklyn Mattress uses a unique combination of layers. Let us get into the layers to know more about materials used in the construction of this mattress.
This mattress is interestingly subdivided into five layers. Let’s review them one by one.
1st Layer – Quilted top cover
Unlike other mattresses, the Brooklyn Signature comes with a premium quality quilted top that is made from breathable cotton and is quilted to poly foam. This cover provides cooling comfort while resisting body impressions.
2nd Layer – The first or the top layer undercover
This is made of TitanFlex™, a hyperelastic material. It is 2 inches thick. The material has an open cell structure which doesn’t trap heat. V The highly responsive layer quickly contours to your body shape.
The layer also contains TitaniumGel™ which is an antibacterial and inhibits foul-smelling bacteria. Although this material has a latex-like feel, it is safe against latex allergies.
3rd layer – Energex support
The third layer is made of slightly firm Energex™ to provide deep compression support. It is 2 inches thick and acts as a transition layer between the top soft layer and the coil springs below.
4th layer – Ascension encased coil
This layer forms the base and provides support and bounce. This durable layer is made of 1024 encased Ascension™ coil springs. The pocketed individual coils also provide motion isolation by absorbing the movements.
5th Layer – 1” Base support foam
This foam at the base is 1 inch thick. This gives the coil spring layer a supportive base and provides durability to the mattress.
CERTIPUR-US® certified foam
Brooklyn mattresses are CertiPUR-US® Certified Foam. You can rest assured that it is made without using hazardous or ozone-depleting chemicals. This fact should be enough to give you the peace of mind for a restful sleep.
- Quality of materials – ★★★★★ 9 out of 5 stars
- Firmness –★★★★★ – 8 out of 5 stars
- Comfort –★★★★☆ – 7 out of 5 stars
- Cooling-★★★★☆ – 6 out of 5 stars
- Edge support Comfort-★★★☆☆ – 9 out of 5 stars
2. Innovative packaging
The Brooklyn hybrid mattress despite having coil innersprings comes in compact rolled-over packaging. The foam is vacuum-compressed.
Setting up your mattress is easy! Simply take the mattress out of the box and lay it on the front of your bed frame. Carefully unwrap or carefully cut the plastic cover to allow for decompression of your mattress. This can take a few minutes to decompress fully.
3. Warranty & Return policy
- 15-year extended warranty – Brooklyn Signature mattresses offer an extended 15-year warranty to give you that perfect peace of mind.
- Full refund – For any reason, you are not satisfied with the mattress, you get a full refund. The return pick-up will be absolutely free. The mattress will get it picked from your home to get it donated to a charity.
- Free 120-nights trial – You can try the mattress without any risk for 120 nights. If you are still unsatisfied, you can return it. The company will even pick it up from your home and donated to a local charity.
- Free shipping – The mattress is shipped free within the US.
No. of Days for Trial
Years of warranty
- Trial – ★★★★★ – 5 out of 5 stars
- Warranty – ★★★★★ – 5 out of 5 stars
- Shipping – ★★★★★ – 5 out of 5 stars
4. Standout features
There are a few unique features of Brooklyn Signature mattress which make it different from others. You will want to buy this mattress for features that you will not find in any other mattresses in the market.
Those who are used to spring mattresses since their childhood, often find the foam mattress less bouncy and dull. The hybrid layers of Brooklyn Signature mattress make it unique and special. Half the mattress thickness comprises of innersprings while the rest is made of two layers of softer and firm foam.
The base layer and the pocketed coiled individual innersprings make the Brooklyn Signature mattress very durable. It also enables it to retain its sturdiness and features for years. The premium foam top and middle layers are perfectly matched to withstand the stress. All these features give you a mattress that will last long.
The Brooklyn Signature mattress gives you the ultimate in comfort. The premium memory foam cradles your body as it contours it. You get pressure relief and proper spinal support. The motion transfer is minimal, and your movement does not disturb your partner sleeping next to you.
Since the mattress is fully manufactured in America under strict quality control norms, you can be assured of the quality of the materials. The CertiPUR-US® Certified foam is absolutely safe and free of hazardous chemicals. The 1,024 Ascension springs that are used in the base are pocketed for safety, durability and motion isolation. The cover and base foam support comply with stringent quality standards.
The joy of bounciness
Bounciness was something that was absent in full foam mattresses. The hybrid Brooklyn Signature mattress lets you enjoy the bounciness and responsiveness of a mattress. Children will especially enjoy the feel and response of the mattress. You will enjoy what you had been missing all these years on a foam mattress.
5. Ideal for all types of sleepers
The hybrid mattresses with both innerspring and foam have been found to be much-loved by all kinds of sleepers.
- Back sleepers – The back sleepers will be happy with innerspring coils which provide good support and proper spine alignment. The TitanFlex™ contours the body to provide pressure relief for a restful sleep in the lumbar region.
- Side sleepers – The side sleepers will like the pressure relief `on their shoulders, sides, and hips. The firm layer of Energex™ supports and takes up the body weight evenly. The inner springs provide ideal spine alignment.
- Stomach sleepers – The stomach sleepers will find it reassuring that the responsive mattress with 1024 Ascension™ innersprings at the base prevents the pressure on their stomach. The weight is distributed on other parts of the body like shoulders, chest, hips, and thighs.
6. Sleep Experience
Brooklyn Signature mattress has been rated very highly by all types of sleepers. The hybrid mattress offers comfortable and peaceful sleep like no other mattress. Moreover, there are three firmness options to choose from – soft, medium and firm.
With so many features in one mattress, you cannot go wrong. The sleep experience is unmatched, and one gets up refreshed every morning.
7. Available in different sizes for different beds
The thickness of the soft and medium firm mattress is 11.5 inches. The thickness gets reduced to 10.5 inches in case the firm option. This is due to the varying thickness of the quilted top cover. The other components and layers remain the same.
- Twin – 38” x 75”
- Twin XL – 38” x 80”
- Full – 53” x 75”
- Queen – 60” x 80”
- King – 76” x 80”
- California King – 72” x 84”
The Brooklyn Signature mattresses, despite their unique offerings, are priced very competitively. The price is almost a fraction more than normal memory foam mattresses. Here, take a look at these amazing prices.
- Twin – 38” x 75” ~ $ 479
- Twin XL – 38” x 80” ~ $ 699
- Full – 53” x 75” ~ $ 849
- Queen – 60” x 80” ~ $ 949
- King – 76” x 80” ~ $ 1249
- California King – 72” x 84” ~ $ 1249
Cons of Brooklyn Signature Mattress
Although the product research team at Stemjar.com did not find any prohibitive cons in the mattress, there are little nagging cons that were reported.
Although the base is made of individual innerspring to provide motion isolation, the extra bounciness of the matters does transfer motion on the top layers.
However, the degree is within acceptable limits as the TitanFlex™ on the top layer is hyper-elastic and the deep-supportive Energex™ material memory foam layers absorb and dampen the motion.
Lack of memory foam feel
The memory foam mattresses have a deep hugging feel as your body sinks in the foam mattress. You may find a floating feeling as the body is held up a bit firmly on the surface.
Although the edge support is more firm than other full foam mattresses, a few may not find it adequate. Those who are used to sitting on the edges will find that the mattress sinks sown on the edges.
Although quality-wise the mattress gives good value for money, it is still a bit more expensive than other mattresses.
The final verdict for this purchase
What makes Brooklyn Signature a unique mattress is its hybrid construction. In one mattress you get the benefit of both innerspring and memory foam. This gives you a unique advantage of having a bed that gives firm support for any kind of sleeper.
You also get TitanFlex™ and Energex™ memory foam layers for the soft and comfortable support with good pressure relief. The spine is well-supported in any sleeping position.
The TitaniumGel infused foam provide a cooling effect and the foam is made to prevent trapping of body heat.
The 120-nights trial and the 15-year warranty should put to rest, literally, all your apprehensions about the reliability and durability of the mattress.
While all the best features have already been discussed, the living proof of the quality of Brooklyn Signature mattress is evident from the fact that the mattress has been rated 4.7 stars out of 5 by the customers who have purchased the mattress.
With these positive features and the reputation that it enjoys, the Brooklyn Signature mattress is a must-buy in case you are looking for a mattress.