Danny DeVito, the American actor, director and producer is said to have an estimated worth of $70 million. Danny was born on 17th November 1944 in New Jersey. His full name is Danny Michael DeVito. He studied in a boarding school due to his mischievous character and graduated from the American Academy of Dramatic Arts. Danny married Rhea Perlman in 1982 and had three children.
Earnings comprising Danny Devito net worth
- His career started from ‘One flew over the cuckoo’s nest’ in 1971
- His most famous movie is Matilda, adapted from the Roald Dahl authored book ‘Matilda’. The actor earned $5 million just out of that movie in 1996
- He played the role of The Penguin in the movie ‘Batman Returns’ in 1992
- In 2003, he acted in the movie ‘Big Fish’
Suggested Read – What is George Lopez Net Worth?
Other movies that Devito has acted in are:
- Other people’s money
- Tin men
- Junior with Arnold
- The Rainmaker
- Jack the bear
- A. Confidential
- He also took to voice over and has given his voice to characters in animated movies like Space Jam and Lorax.
- His fame came into notice from his role in of a taxi driver on the TV series ‘Taxi’ that aired from 1978 to 1983.
- He has made appearances on many other TV series, one of them being in the famous sitcom ‘Friends’.
- Danny also appeared on the music video of the most famous British Boy band ‘One Direction’ in their single ‘Steal my girl’.
- He has also hosted SNL Live.
- Currently, he stars in the FXX sitcom ‘It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia’ since 2013.
Career as a Director
- His debut as a director was through the film ‘Throw Momma from the Train’ which released in the year 1981.
- He has also directed the movie ‘The War of the Roses’ in 1989.
- Duplex, Hoffa and Death to Smoochy.
Suggested Read – What is Dick Wolf’s Net Worth?
- The actor owns a home in Hollywood’s most posh area that is Beverly Hills. His 14,579 square feet mansion is worth a whopping $18.5 million with five bedrooms, seven bathrooms and two huge swimming pools.
His car collection includes the following:
- El Dorado
- Nissan Leaf worth $26,000
- Range Rover- $83,000
Endorsements and Ventures
- Danny invested in a lemon liquor called ‘Limoncello’ and brought it into the market with the name ‘Danny DeVito presents Limoncello’
- He also helped endorse Cadillac’s ‘Make your mark concert’
- Danny is the co-founder of the production company called ‘Jersey Films’ that has produced life-changing films such as Freedom writers, Garden state and pulp fiction
- He also owns ‘Jersey television’ and was the one to produce the series ‘Reno 911′ that aired on Comedy Central
- DeVito also owns his football team with the name ‘Neptune Angels’
- He has invested in restaurants and has his own in Miami, Florida and California
- He has an internet venture called ‘The Bloody factory’ for which he produces and directs short horror films
Suggested Read – What is Christina Milian’s Net Worth?
DeVito donates and supports the following charities and foundations:
- Hole in the Wall Gang
- Operation USA
- Solar Neighbors program
- Holly wood Arts Council
- Keeping memory alive
- Seany Foundation
- International Myeloma Foundation
He supports causes such as:
- AIDS & HIV, Alzheimer, Cancer, Disaster Relief, Environment, Health and Poverty.
Danny has spent more than 50 years in the industry and has given hits not just an actor but also as a director and a producer. The actor has won many Emmy awards as well as Golden Globes for his excellent performances over the years. He is known for his comedy roles as well as serious ones. He is one of the actors from the Golden Era.
Feature Image Credit: Snapshot from YouTube Video by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert