Denzel Washington, the famous American actor and writer, is said to be worth an estimated $220 million. His earning is calculated to be around $60 million a year.
He was born on December 28, 1954, in New York. His father was a minister. He completed his graduation in journalism from Fordham University.
Denzel started his career through theatre eventually moving into the movie industry. He married Pauletta Pearson in 1983, and the two are happy together with four children.
- Suggested Read – What is Kevin Costner’s Net Worth?
Earnings included in Denzel Washington Net Worth
The actor has gathered almost $150 million from just his movies:
- His first debut film was ‘A Carbon copy’ released in 1981
- 1982, he made his debut on TV shows on the series ‘St. Elsewhere’ and was a part of it until 1988.
- 1995, Denzel’s salary per movie was around $7.5 million
- 1996, he earned $10 million from his ‘Courage Under Fire.’
- From 1996-2000, Denzel had accumulated over $34 million from his movies alone which include The Siege, Fallen, Malcolm X and The Hurricane
- Denzel also won an Oscar for his role in ‘Training Day’ in 2001 for which he earned around 12 million
- His 2003 hit ‘Out of Time’ saw him earn $20 million that further added to his net worth
- Man of fire in 2004 and American gangster in 2007 cashed in $20 million and $40 million respectively.
- The movie ‘Safe House’ in 2012 brought in $20 million for Denzel.
- Denzel starred in the movie ‘The Magnificent Seven’ in 2016 alongside Chris Pratt.
- He is said to star in movies ‘Inner City’ and ‘The Equalizer 2’ in 2018.
His other famous movies are:
- A Soldier’s Story
- The Mighty Quinn
- The flight
- Crimson Tide
Suggested Read – What is Will Smith’s Net Worth?
Directing and producing
- In 2002, Denzel directed Antwone Fisher
- He has also directed ‘The Great Debaters.’
- He even changed the ending of his hit film ‘Training Day’
- In 2016, Denzel directed, produced and acted in the movie ‘Fences’ which is an adaptation of a play
- He has also produced many movies such as the animated movie ‘The Book of Eli’
- Denzel owns a mansion like home in Beverly Park. The 30,000 square feet home has amenities like a guesthouse, a tennis court and a swimming pool. The house values in at $14.6 million
- Denzel owns a home in Los Angeles, California which is 1.5 acres and worth a $4.75 million
The actor owns or has held the following vehicles:
- He owns a Chrysler 300 which has a worth of $31,695
- Ashton Martin
- Rolls Royce Phantom
Suggested Read – What is Jason Statham’s Net Worth?
Endorsements and Ventures
- Denzel has had an endorsement deal with Audi for their Audi R8 model
- He even endorsed Leon’s Barbecue place on his social media, a place where he would eat a lot when he was young
The actor and also a social philanthropist has also taken to writing. Some of his books are:
- Published in the year 2006 A hand to guide me
- Rabbit Ears Treasury of African American Heroes in 2008
- 1993’s Anansi with Poster
- John Henry announced in June 1994
- He is the national spokesman for more than 20 years for ‘The Boys and Girls Club of America and also donated $50,000 to the New Mexico branch of the club
- He donated $1 million to Wiley College and is a founding member of the Nelson Mandela Children’s Fund
- Denzel and his wife Paula raised around $17 million through an event and donated the entire amount towards ‘Smithsonian’s National Museum of African American and Culture’ in 2016
- In 2004, on his visit to the Brooke Army Medical Center which treats the injured army troops from Afghanistan, Denzel donated an enormous amount to the centre and Fisher Foundation
- He has given around $1 million to the Children’s Fund of South Africa
- $2.5 million towards ‘Church of God’
- Denzel has also donated $25,000 in 2006 to North Carolina Charity. They help the local people pay electricity bills
Other foundations and charities that Denzel supports both financially and emotionally are:
- Keep A Child Alive
- Make-A-Wish Foundation
- Nelson Mandela Children’s Fund
- Stand up to Cancer
- Elton John AIDS Foundation
Causes he supports include Orphans, Education, Hunger and Poverty, Health, Veteran, Disaster Relief, Animals and Abuse.
The actor has a plethora of awards and nominations under his name. He has been nominated seven times for the Golden Globe, winning twice, he has won two academy awards for supporting role and an Oscar for best actor. Denzel is a fantastic actor and is known for his perfect portrayal of characters. He gives out a very realistic vibe and, people love his movies. The actor has been in business for more than 30 years and still hasn’t run out of style.
Feature Image Credit: Snapshot from YouTube Video by Jake Hamilton
|Was this article helpful?|
|Thanks for letting us know!|