A rapper, Radio Co-host and the Disc Jockey originally from New York, DJ Envy’s net worth is a massive $6 million. The DJ has a Twitter following of more than 689k and has had many hits since the start of his career in the year 2000.
Early Life of DJ Envy AKA Raashaun Casey
He was born on September the 3rd, 1977 and grew up in Queens, New York. As for his education, he completed his undergraduate in Business Administration from Hampton University. The DJ always had a knack for music and pursued his passion making him a well-known name in the industry. He married Gia Casey and had five children.
- Suggested Read – What is Snoop Dogg’s Net Worth?
Earnings that build DJ Envy’s net worth
His tutor was DJ Clue, he trained Envy and helped him during the start of his career. With the quality of being a fast learner, the DJ’s career started hitting the ace in 2000. The total income from his albums alone is around $3.8 million.
- Envy has worked with many famous rappers and musicians namely 50-Cent, Jay-Z and was signed by Desert Storm Records with the help of DJ Clue
- In 2003, the DJ released his first album ‘The Desert Storm Mixtape: Blok Party, Vol 1’ and received massive success even topping the American music charts
- He has made an appearance in the music video of Chris Brown and Juelz Santana called ‘Back to the crib’ and also one in the movie Blood of A champion
- He mixed songs once a month on the show Hot 97 and did hosting when the actual host was away on leave.
- He released a record with Rico Love called ‘Still a fan’
Income from some of his famous albums:
- Love and envoy made around $615,000
- Broken Silence- $850,000
- Thug Mentality- over $1 million
- Wait a minute, and The Bad Guy did a business of an estimated $484,000 and $650,000 respectively.
- Few other albums where he had collaborated with other singers, rappers etc. earned him around $378,000
His latest song as of 2017 is ‘Text your number’ featuring Fetty Wap and DJ Slink.
Radio talk show
- After hosting in place of Angie on hot 97, he became a co-host which eventually shut down in 2008 after she left.
- Having had experience on hosting shows, the DJ started his own shows such as; the weekend show on Power 105 alongside Angela Yee and Charlamagne in December 2010, Hip- Hop Nation on Sirius XM radio and People’s mix on hot 97.
- Every with his wife also did a podcast where they spoke about the challenges and good sides of the family. This podcast titled ‘The Casey crew’.
Envy is an automobile freak and has had a massive collection of cars. One of his most favourite thing to do is take drives around New York in his cars.
- Dodge Challenger SRT8- $48,000
- Bentley Mulsanne- $296,000
- Fisker Karma- $95,000
- Rolls Royce Phantom- $200,000
Some other beauties that the DJ owns are:
- Jeep SRT-8
- Mercedes S-Class Coupe
- Range Rover Supercharged
- Ferrari 458 Italia
Endorsements and ventures
- He is the President and CEO of the production and management company called ‘BLOK Entertainment’.
- The company produced many hit tracks for famous personalities like Murderers, DMX, Juvenile, Foxy Brown, Fabulous and Petey Pablo etc.
- The DJ has owned Car washes and sneaker stores.
- He owns a juice bar in Brooklyn.
- He also owns a percentage of a very famous soda company called ‘Top pop.’
- Envy also has an endorsement deal with the alcohol company ‘Effen Vodka.’
- In 2014, DJ Envy bought himself a 7-acre mansion in New Jersey which had features such as an in-house movie theatre and a petting zoo for an amount of $2 million
- He owns some properties in Detroit too
The DJ does many shows for charities:
- DJ Envy and his wife hosted Children Making Strides 2017 (against childhood cancer) and helped raise a lot of money
- The DJ has promoted topics such as justice and change in his talk show ‘The Breakfast Club.’
- He has donated money towards University scholarship to Hampton University and also helped raise funds
- He has also attended the Charity basketball game and encouraged many other stars to do so as well
Since 2011-12 DJ Envy’s net worth has only increased. In the same time span, his earnings increased from $380,000 to $815,000. He is also a known name in the world of cars where his collection is considered one of the best. His previous earnings show that there has a rise in his income since he first began and this net worth may even double or triple in the years to come.