Eminem is a rapper, songwriter, actor who is famous for his style and fluency of rap. He is estimated to be worth around $190 million. Eminem is an artist whose net worth has known no bounds ever since he stepped into the limelight.
Marshall Mathers AKA Eminem was born on the 17th of October 1972, in Missouri. He had a terrible childhood, and rap music brought him a way to went out his feelings and anger. Eminem dropped out of Lincoln High School due to extensive ‘Bullying’. He lived in an area that was mainly dominated by the Black and was a victim of a lot of racial beatings. Eminem has been married once and has two daughters.
Earnings included in Eminem Net Worth
In 1986, at the young age of 4, Eminem started taking part in Rap Battles in Detroit downtown. Eminem has sold more than 45 million records and 40 million digital ones.
- In 1996, he released his first album titled ‘Infinite’ and was not very successful as people did not appreciate his music style and another reason being that the Black mostly dominate rap music, but that didn’t stop him from working harder
- In 1997, he was discovered by Dr Dre and signed to ‘Interscope Record Label’ the same year
- He released one of his most famous albums in 1999, ‘The Real Slim Shady LP’ which saw the sales exceeding 18 million copies around the world and debuted at #2 on the Billboards
- In 2000, he released his third album ‘The Marshall Mathers LP’ which sold more than 32 million copies and was his first #1 hit
- Eminem released his fourth album in 2002 called ‘The Eminem Show’ selling 27 million copies
- In 2004, his fifth album got released by the name ‘Encore.’
- After spending some time in Rehab from 2006, Eminem released his sixth album in 2009 titled ‘Relapse’ and ‘Recovery’ in 2010
- In 2013, he released his seventh album ‘The Marshall Mathers LP 2.’
- His latest album was released in December 2017 titled ‘Revival’ and is said to perform at Empire Polo Club and Coachella
Eminem has earned around $85 million from his performances and shows alone
- His recent tour with Rihanna titled ‘Monster Tour’ earned almost $5 million per show and a total of $12.4 million in six shows
- Between 2000-2012, Eminem has been on four tours called Up in Smoke, Recovery, Home & Home and Anger Management which in total sold around 11.9 million tickets and brought in almost $751 million for him and his Record Label
- In 2002, he starred in the movie ‘8 miles’
- The wash in 2001
- Funny People in 2009
- The interview in 2014
- He has also appeared on shows of SNL, Entourage and Crank Yankers
- He recently made an appearance in the 2017 documentary ‘The Defiant Ones’
- Eminem owns a home in Rochester Hills. The 17,000 square feet home which is worth $2 million has six bedrooms and nine bathrooms. The house also has amenities like a tennis court, spa, waterfall pool and a guest house with a gaming room
- He also owns a home in Michigan which is said to be worth around $4.75 million
- Cadillac Escalade worth $72,970
- H2 worth $63,090
Endorsements and ventures
- Eminem has endorsement deals with popular brands such as Chrysler, Casio G-shock watches, Brisk Iced Tea, Carhartt, Beats By Dre
- Eminem and Paul Rosenberg founded ‘The Shady Records’ in 1999 and signed famous artists like D12, 50 Cent and Obie
- He has given his character and voice for video games like 50 Cent: Bulletproof and Shady Wars
Eminem is good with his words so why would he not try writing?
- He published ‘Angry Blonde’ in 2000
- ‘The Way I am’ in 2008
Eminem is a very charitable person and has made several donations, some we may not know about as he likes to donate privately without creating a media frenzy.
- In the year 2002, Eminem founded a charity called ‘The Marshall Mathers Foundation’ whose main aim is to help assist the youth who are at risk and a disadvantage especially in Detroit and neighbouring cities
- The foundation recently spent $200,000 to buy gifts for children
- Eminem helped raise around $2 million for the benefit of the victims of the Manchester attack in 2017
- Eminem through his Foundation donated $150,000 to Change4Change in December 2017
- He also donated $10,000 to a family whose 6-year-old had just been through a kidney transplant
- Eminem has contributed more than $270,000 to charity between 2011-2013
- He gave the Riker Island Prison’s ‘Fresh Start Program’ a donation of $50,000 in 2004 as the program focused on training and placing the prisoners who exit at various jobs
- Eminem in 2014 auctioned tickets to his show, Casio G-shock watches and a hat with his autograph, the proceeds of which was given to ‘Focus: HOPE.’
- In 2015, Eminem auctioned Ten pairs of ‘Air Jordan IV shoes’ for $227,552, and this money went to support ‘Literacy Through Songwriting Program.’
He supports essential youth-related foundations like the ‘Excellence for Detroit’- It helps prepare youth for college, ‘Horatio Williams Foundation’- Helps youth in Detroit by providing them athletic and educational support. He also supports Save the Children, Eight Mile Boulevard Association and Small Step Project.
Marshall Mathers is considered to be one of the best rap artists on the planet. From a young boy rejected by all, he has made a name in the field where there were stronger rivals. His dedication, hard work and kind heart is an inspiration and strength to all those young children who are bullied and feel abandoned and at a disadvantage. Eminem has given a legacy for those who doubt themselves to believe and work towards their goal. “Nothing is impossible if you only find the light in the darkest of days.” We hope that Eminem continues to make music and save many more youngsters from themselves.