George Lopez, a Comedy actor, screenwriter, producer, voice actor and the host of ‘George Lopez show’ is estimated to have a net worth of $35 million and his yearly income hits a $12 million. He also performs stand-up comedy which earns him around $8.5 million a year. His earnings just in the year 2013 are estimated to be $12 million.
Lopez was born in LA on April 23, 1961, and raised by his grandparents. He studied at Dan Fernando High school and graduated in 1979. He married Ann Serrano in 1993 but later divorced and has a daughter. The star has won many awards, for his acting skills, humour as well as his social service.
- Suggested Read – What is Kevin Hart Net Worth?
Earnings that add to George Lopez Net Worth
Movie and TV
His career started as a radio host for an LA-based company called Clear Channel Communications in 1999.
- He was the writer, producer with Sandra Bullock and host of the series ‘George Lopez show’ from 2002- 2007. His remuneration was $12 million per season. The sale of the show also brought him royalties of 6.5%
- He was a commentator on ‘Inside the NFL’ in 2003-04
- George Lopez was also the host of his self- produced talk show ‘Lopez Tonight’
- He appeared in the fifth season of Reno 911 in 2008
- He also worked on ‘Real Women have curves’ and received a lot of positive feedback
- His latest venture is the TV series ‘Lopez’ that debuted in 2016
- He hosted Emmy Awards, an even an episode of American Idol
He has starred in popular comedy movies. Some of his movies are:
- Beverly Hills Chihuahua 1 and 2
- The Adventures of Shark Boy and Lava Girl
- The spy next door
- The Smurfs
- Gnome alone
- Escape from Planet Earth
Suggested Read – What is Bill Cosby’s Net Worth?
With expensive houses come expensive cars. The star owns:
- A Mercedes Benz
- A Lamborghini
Endorsements and Ventures
- He has partnership deals like Punchliner comedy club deal with Carnival cruise
- He was the producer of his talk shows
- In 2015, he also produced the movie ‘Spare Parts’
- He signed a five-year marketing deal with Mango Financial to promote their credit cards and savings
- He also owns a production company with the name ‘Travieso Productions’
- Lopez owns a home in LA, California that he purchased for $2.7 million. One of its main features is the swimming pool.
- He owns a home in Queens, New York. He purchased the 2,800 square feet home for $454,000.
- He also has a 4,100 square foot home in Los Feliz worth $2.67 million. It consists of 4 bedrooms, three bathrooms and a beautiful garden.
- Lopez wrote an autobiography with the help of Armenketeyian named ‘Why are you crying’ which was New York Times bestsellers top 20.
- He also wrote, “I’m not going to lie”.
- He was named ‘Honourary Mayor of LA’ after he put in a lot of hard work to raise money for the earthquake victims of El Salvador and Guatemala.
- He also won the ‘Humanitarian award’ by Harvard University in 2004.
- The Star has founded a charity in 2009 named ‘The Lopez Foundation’. The foundation is mainly for the benefit of homeless adults, parentless children and families of military people. It provides every kind of medical and emergency care and also helps spread awareness.
- His motto is ‘Helping people in need’.
George Lopez is very well known for his TV show ‘George Lopez’. His humour, businessman brain and charm have helped him stay successful in the industry. He will appear in many movies in the future. His social work has helped make the lives of the less fortunate better, and we need more people like him in this world.