Like footprints staying on the sand, your browser keeps track of all the places you went on the internet (websites, pages, etc.) in the past some time, by enlisting their URLs chronologically under the tab of ‘history.’ However, not always would you want your browser to suggest web pages from your history or keep them saved. In that case, you can DELETE your search history. Different browsers have their way of managing the browsing history. Further ahead in this article you will learn how to clear history in most popular internet browsers.
Talking about popularly used browsers, the one name that inevitably pops into our head is Google Chrome. After all, reigning over around seventy percent of the market share, it is the most commonly used web browser as on date.
However, we can not neglect the presence of other browsers like Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Internet Explorer, that too is used by millions of netizens every day. Despite having only a small part of the market share, Mozilla Firefox has almost 1.5 million downloads each day, and this says enough about the popularity of the enlisted browsers.
How to wipe off history in internet explorer 11
There are many ways to clean browsing history from a simple keyboard shortcut to IE11’s General Options section.
You can also automatically clear history each time you close the browser.
- In Internet Explorer, select the Tools button
- Point to Safety
- Select Delete browsing history
- Choose the types of data or files you want to remove from your PC
- Select Delete.
Google’s Chrome browser for Linux, Mac OS X and Windows provides the ability to clear some or all browsing data components of several pre-defined time intervals.
- On your computer, open the Google Chrome browser
- At the top right corner, click More
- Click History
- On the left, click Clear browsing data. A box will appear.
- Choose from the beginning of time.
- Check the boxes for the info you want Chrome to clear, including “browsing history.”
- Click Clear browsing data.
Wipe off history in Mozilla Firefox
Use the Privacy Options interface to clear browsing history and other private data that lets you delete files from individual categories as well as cookies from select websites.
- Open Firefox browser.
- Tap the tab next to the URL bar.
- Then tap the gear icon.
- Now click the Clear Browsing History button
- Tap OK to confirm.
Wipe off history in Safari for OS X and MacOS Sierra
Just a few clicks of your mouse and you can quickly clear history and several other private data components on Safari. Saved items are parted into plentiful groupings like browsing history and cookies.
- Click Safari
- In the menu that appears, click Preferences.
- In the window that appears, click the Privacy
- Click the button Remove All Website Data.
- Click Remove Now in the pop-up window that appears.
And this is how you can clean your browsing history in just a few simple steps. It is also recommended to keep clearing your browsing data at regular intervals for better levels of privacy.