How powerful is one’s immune system depends on many factors like age, lifestyle, mental health, diet and so on?
But maintaining a robust immune system is not a one day task. You need to keep doing things every day to strengthen or support the immune system.
Here is a quiz, that through some of its questions, help you out to boost up your body protection mechanism.
1. Some players indulge themselves in activities like “Blood doping”. What are the potential harms of blood doping?
Blood doping is about injecting oxygenated blood to boost one’s performance temporarily. You can probably infer how dangerous this technique of boosting the immune system can be. Also, it is illegal, but some players use such unfair tactics to win the game. It can also lead to autoimmune diseases with severe health outgrowths.
2. Old people in comparison to young ones are more prone to diseases like influenza, Respiratory System Diseases, etc. Do you know the age group which is more prone?
Although infections and diseases can happen to anyone, as the age increases, the immune system starts getting weak. One of the reasons suggested by the scientist for this is lesser production of T-cells with age.
3. Omega- 3 fatty acids can help to fight allergies. Can you identify which among the following is a good source of omega-3 fatty acids?
Omega- 3 fatty acids are abundant in food like fishes, fish oil, green leafy vegetables, nuts, and seeds.
4. Breathing exercises not only help to reduce stress but also boost the immune system. Which among the following benefits in boosting immunity?
There are few other breathing exercises as well like dog breathing and Cat and cow breathing exercise that alleviates stress and helps in increasing immunity.
5. Vitamin C is useful in boosting immunity. It is because it increases the production of
Rich sources of vitamin C are citrus fruits like Lemon, grapefruit, orange.
6. Yogurt can also help in strengthening the body. Which among the following is best suited to immune the body?
If you love to have sweet yogurt then instead of sugar you can mix honey and some freshly cut fruits rather than consuming a flavored yogurt. Yogurt is a good source of vitamin D which helps in regulating the body immune system.
7. Almonds are a good source of Vitamin E. About what quantity of almond should be consumed every day to fulfill the daily requirement of Vitamin E?
Vitamin E keeps the immune system healthy. It is a fat-soluble vitamin. A half-cup serving or about 46 whole shelled almonds can fulfill the daily vitamin E requirement.
8. “L-theanine “amino acid is found in _______.
Sources of L-theanine is tea leaves, Bay bolete mushrooms, etc. Even coffee contains this. L-theanine can help in the production of T cells (the germ-fighting compound).
9. Papaya is a rich source of Vitamin-C. Do you know what % of the recommended daily intake of vitamin C is present in single medium-size papaya?
A medium-sized papaya contains about 224% of the recommended daily intake of Vitamin C and so is sufficient to fulfill the daily requirement of this vitamin. Papaya also contains Vitamin B, folate, etc. It is very good for overall health.
10. Exercises, in general, are an excellent way to boost immunity because it ________.
Although all the options mentioned, inter-relate each other but the most appropriate among the following is Good circulation. Because good circulation helps immune system cells and substance to move freely and so they can perform their task efficiently.
Share your Results: