Earning since the 50’s, Nicholson is one of the richest celebrities alive with a net worth of over $400 million with an annual income of over $21 million. He is a proud winner of 3 Oscars and 6 Golden Globes.
Born on April 22, 1937, in New Jersey, Jack was raised by his grandparents. He was always full of life and had amazing humour which made him a lot of friends and also trouble. He moved to Hollywood at just 17 years of age. In 1957, he also joined the Air National Guard and served for two years. He worked as an assistant, screenwriter, director and actor. He was married once and has five children.
- Suggested Read – What is Harrison Ford’s Net Worth?
Earnings that make Jack Nicholson Net Worth of $400M
The mogul has worked in numerous movies, many of which are the highlight of his career. He has starred in more than 80 movies and has built up a net worth of $400 million Let’s have a look at his journey:
- The performance that gained him a huge recognition was ‘Easy rider’ released in 1969 that made around $60 million.
- In 1976, he earned $1.25 million for ‘The Missouri breaks’
- 1975’s ‘One flew over the Cuckoo’s nest’ is considered to be one of his best and even earned him an Oscar.
- The Shining in 1980 earned him $1.25 million
- His second Oscar was for 1983’s ‘Terms of Endearment’
- The most prestigious Oscar was for the role of ‘The Joker’ in Batman, 1989. The movie earned $411.3 million, and Jack was paid $90 million out of it.
Other movies that also remain to be his fine performances are:
- As good as it gets- 1997 ($15 million)
- About Schmidt- 2002 ($10 million)
- Anger Management- 2006 ($20 million)
- Wolf- 1994 ($13 million)
- The bucket list with Morgan Freeman, how do you know, Heartburn, Ironweed, The two Jakes etc.
Jack has cars worth $3 million in his home.
- He owns a Range Rover worth $50,000
- Mercedes 600 Pullman
- Alfa Romeo.
Endorsements and investments
- Jack loves art and has invested about $100 million on art by Picasso, Matisse, Tamara de Lempicka and Warhol.
- His investments amount to a $165 million
His real estate properties amount to around $18.7 million
- He also owns a 0.4-acre house in Hollywood Hills. This was the first home that he bought in 1973.
- In 1993, the actor purchased a house in Mulholland Drive for $5 million
- He owned an Aspen mansion which he sold for $11 million in 2013.
- He lives in a bungalow in Beverly Hills which he bought in 2004, and it cost him an estimated $6.1 million and has eight bedrooms
- Jack also owns a property in Malibu costing $4.25 million on 70-acres of land and has three bedrooms, three bathrooms, a basketball court and magnificent kitchen. The house even has amenities such as swimming pool, spa and tennis court and has the view of the ocean and mountains.
- Hawaii has one of the best views of the oceans, and so does the house of Jack, a 3,018 square foot house.
Through the years Jack Nicholson has supported numerous charities and causes. Some of which are:
- Action Aid
- Barabara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes
- Casey Lee ball foundation
- Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation
- Small steps Project
He has also supported causes such as adoption, AIDS, Poverty, Hunger, Human rights, Cancer etc.
Jack Nicholson is one of the greatest actors in the history of acting. His skills and diversity have always been appreciated by the people of the industry as well as his fans all over the world. The chances of Jack Nicholson’s net worth decreasing is highly unlikely considering the range of his earnings. Either way, the actor has a lifetime of money in his bank account.