Jennifer Lynn Lopez commonly known as J-Lo is a singer; actor, dancer, fashion designer, author and producer. Jennifer Lopez net worth is said to have grown from $3210 in 1986 to an astounding $320 million in 2018 and is estimated to have earned $28.5 million in 2015 alone. She is an actress turned singer who has millions of fans all over the world.
- Also read:Brad Pitt Net Worth
Her Early Life
Lopez was born on July 24, 1969, in New York City. Her first acting gig was at the age of 17. The actress hit fame only in 2001 for the movie ‘Anaconda’. Since then, the actress has released multiple albums and starred in films that have seen her earn large amounts of money over the years. She has been married thrice and has 2 kids with her ex-husband Marc Anthony whom she divorced in 2014 and is currently dating a former MLB star, Alex Rodriguez. She was previously married to Ojana Noa and Cris Judd.
Jennifer Lopez net worth sources
Lopez’s income from her music career which includes albums, singles, concerts and youtube have totalled to around $118 million. The following is the details of this star’s success in the industry.
- Her 8 studio albums have sold 13.2 million copies at $10.99 each, that is $145 million, and she keeps 8.85% which is $12.8 million.
- Her most successful album has been JLo released in 2001 which earned her $4.43 million
- Other successful albums are On the 6, This is me… Then, Rebirth, Brave, A.K.A etc.
- Her highest selling single is ‘On the floor’ which is a collaboration with Pitbull that added $544k to her already huge bank account.
- The singer has made $79 million from her concerts alone while youtube saw her earn $23 million.
- In 2016, Lopez signed a long-time contract with her previous Sony music label called ‘Epic Records’. She has previously released 6 labels with them out of which 2001’s J.Lo was one of her biggest hits.
Property and vehicles
The actress owns many properties and mansion considering her income and net worth.
- The latest of Jennifer Lopez’s lavish homes is a penthouse near the Madison Square Park in Manhattan called Whitman. The price tag of this 1924 Georgian-style built home is estimated to be around $22 million. It is 6,540 square feet which consist of four bedrooms, six full bathrooms and 2 half bathrooms. One of its main features is the four terraces that makeup to 3,000 square feet
- She purchased a Hidden Hills Estate worth $10 million in 2010, in LA which is three acres having a gym, theatre, recording studio
- An island mansion worth $2.1 million
- A lavish Hampton’s home worth $19 million in Bridgehampton
Jen also is a proud owner of wheels such as ‘Rolls Royce Ghost’ that costs $289,250 and an ‘Ashton Martin DB7’ costing around $150,000.
JLo’s income from movies is as astounding as the one from her music career. She has made around $199 million.
- For her first role in the movie ‘My little girl’ in 1986, Lopez was paid $10,000
- Anaconda helped her increase her net worth when it earned a $70 million at the box office.
- Her most grossing movies have been Monster in Law, Home and Ice Age, all for which she was paid $12 million each.
- The boy next door, 2015, in which she played the role of a woman called ‘Claire Peterson’ is said to be one of her best technical roles that she took up.
- Other movies include Maid in Manhattan, Gigli, what to expect when you’re expecting etc.
- Her first award was in 1998 when she won the ALMA award for outstanding actress for ‘Selena’ and ‘Anaconda’.
- In 2000 and 2001, Lopez also won the Female Entertainer of the year award from ALMA.
- Kid’s choice award for ‘Favourite female movie star’ in 2001.
- Her show ‘The Fosters’ also won a GLAAD award in 2014 and a Teen Choice award in 2012.
- In 2014, the actress won the Billboard Icon Award.
- She has also won many AMA awards, MTV awards, People’s choice award and Glamour awards.
Investments, Endorsements and ventures
JLO has also earned tonnes of money by producing and investing in movies, documentaries and shows.
- The actress owns a TV and movie production company called ‘Nuyorican Productions’, which has helped increase JLO’s worth by $10.5 million
- The actress, one of the judges on the American idle judge panel received pay ranging from $12.5 million in 2011 to a $17.5 million
- Lopez has produced South Beach series in 2006, South Beach Tow and ‘The Fosters’ from 2013 to 2016. Her income from the TV shows is around $7- 8 million
- In 2010, Lopez was named L’Oreal Paris’s Global Ambassador. This deal earned her a $5 to $6 million annually
- JLO has her clothing line and fragrance which brought in an amount of $175 million
- She also owned a restaurant called Madre’s which was closed in 2008
- Her investments have summed up to a $66 million one of which includes Viva Movil, a company that provides wireless services and phone stores mainly for Latinos
- In 2012, Jennifer Lopez was ranked #38 in Forbes’ ‘100 most powerful women’
- As of 2018, JLO bagged herself the ‘Face of GUESS spring 2018’ title
- Lopez is the founder of ‘Lopez Family Foundation’ whose primary purpose is to support and help poor and sick children.
- She collaborated with ‘Amnesty International’ to help raise awareness about killing of female child in Mexico
- Helped raise funds for ALAS
- She is also the ‘Global Advocate for Girls and Women’
- She is a believer in social work and supports many charities such as MusiCares, City of Hope, UNICEF and DKMS.
JLO is a sex symbol and considered to be one of the sexiest women alive. She is known for her figure and even has her buttocks insurance for $27 million. She ranks the 7th position in top-earning women in music.