Jerry Springer’s net worth is approximately $75 million. The British-American actor, musician, producer, politician and most importantly the host of the talk show “The Jerry Springer Show” was also the 56th Mayor of Cincinnati. His Television Career contributes the majority to his net worth.
Early Life of Jerry Springer
Born on February 13, 1944, Springer was born during World War II. His family migrated to the US, and he completed his graduation from Tulane University in 1965. He was also considered to be the best anchor five times in a row in the early 90’s. He has been married to Micki Velton since 1973 and has a daughter, Katie Springer.
- Suggested Read – What is Kevin Hart’s net worth?
Earnings that help build Jerry Springer net worth
Though his movie career has not been very successful, Springer did get decently paid for them. Some of the movies that Springer has appeared in are:
- The 24-hour woman
- Austin Powers
- Sugar & Spice.
His Television Career
The lawyer turned talk show host turned politician’s most successful venture has been his talk show. Jerry earns over $3.5 million from the show alone.
Evolution of ‘The Jerry Springer show’ since 1992:
- Being from a political background Jerry’s talk show was to focus on political and legal issues, for example – Gun Laws.
- But, since people like drama and gossip, to bring up the ratings of his show they resorted to bringing people on the show who had a lot of problems in their relationships due to reasons such as cheating, dishonesty, etc.
- These people were allowed to say whatever they wanted to one another, sometimes even start physical attacks.
- It undoubtedly increased his ratings as the show is going into its 26th season!
Other shows that helped Jerry move toward his standing net worth are:
- He hosted America’s Got Talent in 2007 and 2008 – $2.8 million
- The talk show host also joined a season of ‘Dancing with the Stars’ that earned him a sum of $3.75 million and a lot of popularity
- He appeared on an episode of ‘Roseanne’, and did a voice over for a cartoon version of himself in an episode of ‘The Simpsons’ in 1998
- Jerry also has a twitter account with over 93.3k followers while his TV show’s twitter account has 122k followers
Music and endorsements
- The talented talk show host, a lover of music also decided to give singing a shot and hit the studio to record an album of country music in 1998 called Dr Talk for Fiddle Fish Records.
- He wrote a book called ‘The Ringmaster’.
- He was also on the cover of magazines such as Rolling Stone, Esquire and New York Magazine.
- Jerry is also highly respected and appreciated as he very frequently visits Universities to give speeches.
- He is an executive producer of another show called ‘The Steve Wilkos Show.’
Also Read – What is Michael Bivins Net Worth?
Jerry Springer’s Mansion
Jerry owns a holiday home in Florida that has quite the space and scenery surrounding it and cost him over $2 million.
- The house is situated on a man-made island called Bird Key
- There are four bedrooms and five bathrooms
- The place also has a swimming pool
Jerry Springer, the ex-mayor of Cincinnati has an active social work and charity history. He has donated a lot of money towards the well-being of the people. One of the charities that he supports is the ‘Teenage Cancer Trust’.
In Accordance to 2018, the Jerry Springer show is one of the most successful talk shows and is mostly responsible for his fame and reputation. Jerry helps raise money for the Ohio Democratic Party, and maybe we would see him going in for elections soon?
Whether or not he does that, we are sure that Jerry Springer’s Net Worth will see a rise.
|Was this article helpful?|
|Thanks for letting us know!|