The former American football player and actor Jim Brown is said to have a net worth of around $50 million. He earned a total of $400,000 from his football career.
Jim was born on 17 February 1936 in Georgia. He was a professional football player and played for ‘The Cleveland Browns’. He also took to acting after retiring in 1967. Jim studied in Manhasset High School and started playing football at a very young age. He was outstanding in sports and topped the football, basketball and lacrosse teams at Syracuse college. Jim has been married twice and has six children.
Suggested Read – What is Tom Brady’s Net Worth?
Earnings included in Jim Brown Net Worth
His Football career
- He joined the Cleveland Browns in 1957 and played for them for nine years and announced retirement at just 30 years of age
- He was the first player to collect 100 fastest touchdowns
- Jim was also the first player to run over 10,000 yards
- In his career, the Cleveland Browns also won the championship in 1964
- He was paid $60,000 a year in his career
Brown has appeared in more than 30 movies since 1967
- Rio Conchos in 1969 brought in $200,000 and was his debut in Hollywood.
- The Dirty Dozen 1967
- 100 Rifles in 1964 which earned him $37,000
- His first lead role was in the movie The Split in 1969 with a remuneration of $125,000
- I’m gonna git you sucka
- Mars Attack
- Any given Sunday
- Ice Station Zebra in 1968
- Original Gangstas in 1996 and many more
He was also a commentator for ‘The Ultimate Fighting Championship’.
Suggested Read – What is Eli Manning’s Net Worth?
He also appeared on several TV shows such as:
- Knight Rider
- The A-Team
- The Running Man
- Sucker Free City.
- Jim Brown bought a 3,720 square feet home in 2006 in Los Angeles, California. The home consists of 4 bedrooms and four bathrooms.
Endorsements and ventures
- His net worth also comes with many books and documentaries made on his life
- He had a contract with Pepsi- Cola
- Participated in Celebrity Bowling tournaments for $20,000
- The actor and former football player authored a boom in 1989 called ‘Out of Bounds’ which was co-written by Steve Delsohn
- Off my chest his autobiography in 1964
Jim Brown is a social activist and has done whatever he can to benefit people who need help:
- He was the founder of the Amer- I – Can program whose main aim was to help young gang members change their lives
- With funding of $653,100 from Michigan- based W.K. Kellogg Foundation, Jim Brown opened his program in Detroit
- He is an active promoter of black economic causes
- He is the founder of the Negro Industrial and Economic Union
NFL awarded him with ‘The greatest professional football player ever’. Brown has contributed a lot towards society as well as criticised players such as Tiger Woods and Michael Jordan for not using their position to help charities and change lives of young people by setting examples and being an inspiration to the young players to indulge in philanthropy.
Feature Image Credit: Snapshot from YouTube Video by The Rich Eisen Show
|Was this article helpful?|
|Thanks for letting us know!|