Keith Colburn net worth is around $1.5 million. He is the star of the reality show which is famous for catching snow crabs in Alaska.
He was born on the 10th of March, 1963, in California. Before he was a fisherman, he was a chef. Keith’s interest in fishing sparked up when he went with his friend for a trip to Alaska in 1985. Colburn and his friend Kurt used to catch crabs in the ship named ‘Alaska Trader’.
In 1988, Colburn became a helper on the ship named ‘Wizard’. Over the years, he moved step by step, and in 1990 after he received his license he became the skipper of the ship ‘Wizard’. In 2002, Keith bought his very own ship called ‘Sirene’ and worked on both the boats.
He sold ‘Sirene’ in 2004 and bought the ‘Wizard’ to gain stability in the field. Colburn is now the owner and captain of the ship Wizard and brings in tons of crabs every year making records. He is married to Florence Colburn, and the two are proud parents of 2 children.
Earnings included in his total net worth
His career on television
- Keith made his debut on TV through the series ‘Deadliest Catch’ released by Discovery Channel in 2005. The name of the series is given due to the dangers of fishing far away at sea.
- The show documents Keith’s life as he sails to sea during the fishing seasons known as the ‘C. Opilio Crab’ and the ‘Alaskan King Crab’ fishing season. It mostly takes place in the Bering Sea as it is the base from where all the fishing boats operate. Keith is seen on his FV Wizard catching huge crabs.
- The show was first aired on April 12, 2005, and has since been a success, moving into its 14th
- In 2002, Keith and his crew delivered almost 540,000 lbs of crabs which is a record.
- Keith has also appeared in After the Catch in 2007.
- He owns the FV Wizard.
Endorsements and ventures
- Keith owns his very own line of sauce and dry rubs by the name of ‘Captain Keith’s catch’.
- He is also the Ambassador for a non-profit organisation called ‘Seafood Nutrition Partnership’.
Keith is said to be a man of excellent character and works very hard for a living. He is highly appreciated by the people for his work and his dedication towards ‘Seafood Nutrition.’
|Was this article helpful?|
|Thanks for letting us know!|