Hollywood’s most successful and every girl’s crush, Leonardo DiCaprio’s net worth is said to stand at a $250 million. His recent annual salary is around $20 million. He has given us hits in every genre from romantic to thriller. His versatility is his best charm and is respected and appreciated. To add it, he has also won an Oscar (I was so happy that I was crying).
The legend was born on 11 November 1974 in Hollywood, California. His mother was a German while his father was an American Comic book artist. He completed his school at John Marshall School and completed his graduation in the ‘Los Angeles Center for Enriched Studies.’ The heartthrob is still single though he has dated a lot of models.
Earnings included in Leonardo DiCaprio Net Worth
His Movie and TV Career
Before being a success and becoming Hollywood’s most wanted hero, Leonardo made his debut on television series.
From Getting a Break to Titanic
- His first role was in a TV show called ‘The New Lassie’ in 1989, and he had a minimal role for $9000
- In 1990, he was cast for 12 episodes on the TV show ‘Parenthood.’
- In 1991, 23 episodes on the show ‘Growing pants’ where he earned around $41,400
- 1993’s ‘What’s Eating Gilbert Grape’ earned him just $75,000
- His role in ‘The Quick and the Dead’ in 1995 earned him a $100,000
- 1995’s hit ‘Basketball Diaries’ and ‘Total Eclipse saw him earn $100,000
- He earned $380k for his romantic movie based on Shakespeare’s novel; both called ‘Romeo and Juliet.
- Marvin’s room in 1996 added another $100,000 to his net worth.
- His first break was in 1997’s Titanic where ‘Jack Dawson’ stole all our hearts away. The role earned DiCaprio not only $2.5 million but also a promising future in the industry.
Suggested Read – What is Jack Nicholson’s Net Worth?
After Titanic, DiCaprio has given us one hit after another, and as each year passed, we would be waiting in anticipation for another release. He has a very long list of movies under his name that has added to his net worth, reputation and talent
- The Man in The mask in 1998- $2 million
- Celebrity in 1998- $20,000
- Between 2001- 2008 Leonardo earned an approximate of $80 million with hits like The Beach, Gangs of New York, Don’s Plum, Catch Me if you can, The Departed, Blood Diamond, The Aviator, Revolutionary Road, Body of Lies)
- His 2010 thrillers titled ‘Shutter Island’ and ‘Inception’ had us all so confused and anxious that we did not see the climax coming. Leonardo made around $30 million from these two movies alone
- His hits continued with movies like J. Edgar, Django Unchained, The Great Gatsby (a personal favourite) and Wolf of Wall Street (which should have won him an Oscar). His net worth grew a further $57 million
- 2015’s The Revenant earned him $20 million as well as ‘An Oscar.’
His career as a Director and Producer
The world-famous actor has also put his efforts into directing and producing movies and documentaries.
- He has earned around $6.5 million from his producing skills
- He has produced around 17 movies
- DiCaprio also made a National Geography documentary called ‘Before the Flood’ in 2016 to bring to people’s notice the effects of climate change and how to curb the problem
- Leonardo bought a private island in 2005 for $2 million off the coast of Belize known as the ‘Blackadore Caye’ and is said to be 104 acres. I that he would also be building an eco- friendly resort there
- Just in America, Leonardo owns homes worth nearly $27 million
- His three bedroom, two bathroom home in Malibu is rented out for $23,000 a month in winter and $50,000 a month in summer
- He owns a two bedroom apartment in New York worth $8 million
- He also owns a $10 million eco-friendly apartment in New York
- DiCaprio owns a home in Palm Springs which is a single story home with six bedrooms, a pool, gym and tennis court which is said to have cost him $5.2 million
Leonardo cares about the environment. Thus when we think of his car collection, we can only imagine it to consist of environment-friendly beasts. He owns:
- Toyota Prius-$ 25,000
- Tesla Roadster- $120,000
- Fisker Karma Hybrid- $95,000
Fun Fact: Leonardo DiCaprio is also said to have spent around $200,000 travelling on private jets per year.
- Suggested Read – What is Jason Statham’s Net Worth?
Endorsements and ventures
- Leonardo has invested in a company called ‘Beyond Meat’ that makes a vegan burger out of peas but it smells and tastes a lot like a non-veg burger
- He is the Brand Ambassador of China’s ‘BYD’ a company that makes Energy Vehicles
- He signed a deal with watch brand ‘Tag Heuer’ in 2009 and donated all of the proceeds toward charity
- DiCaprio shot commercial for ‘Guangdong OPPO’ in 2011 and received $5 million
- He was paid around $17 million to attend the opening night of ‘The Studio City Casino’ in Macau, China
- He owns a production company called Appian Way Production which is signed with Netflix to help produce environmental related documentaries
- Leonardo DiCaprio also owns art collections of famous artists like Picasso and Warhol worth $1 million
He has endorsed the following brands over the years:
- Beam Inc
- Fisker Automotive
He made $77 million from just product endorsements and an estimated $90 million from his investments.
Leonardo DiCaprio aside from his acting skills is known for his concern over environmental related problems and donating towards charity. He is currently the ‘United Nations Messenger of Peace’.
- The actor’s ‘Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation’ has given grants that exceed $20 million for wildlife, tackling climate problems and habitat conservation.
- They also gave part of the grants of $3.5 million to an organisation that fights for renewable energy to be used all over the US known as ‘Solutions Project’.
- Leonardo had an auction that raised $39 million to be used towards WWF initiative in Nepal for Tiger Habitat conservation.
- Through his foundation, he has also provided clean water to people in need in Tanzania, Sierra Leone etc.
- He also worked very closely with ‘SOS Children’s Villages’ that help take care of orphans.
- In 1998, Leonardo donated $35,000 to ‘Leonardo DiCaprio Computer Center’
- He donated $1 million in 2010 to the victims of the Haiti earthquake and also $61,000 to GLAAD which is an organisation that promotes LGBT in media.
Suggested Read – What is Denzel Washington’s Net Worth?
Charities and Foundations that he supports are:
- African Wildlife Foundation
- Feeding America
- Save the Elephants
- The Gorilla Organization
- International Fund for Animal Welfare
- Global Cool and Global Green
- Stop Global Warming
- WildAid and any more
Causes that he supports include Adoption, Orphans, AIDS, Animals, Homelessness, Oceans, Water, Hunger, Climate Change, Poverty, Environment etc.
Leonardo’s net worth which was just $41,300 in 1995 when he first made his debut has shot up to a staggering $250 million at present. He has contributed vastly to the environments and awareness on making it better. He has become an inspiration to people all over the world because of all that he has done. We hope to see him in many more projects and movies in the future that showcase his unbeatable talent and love for the world.
Feature Image Credit: Snapshot from YouTube Video by Oscars