Knowing how to manage browsing history and data in Safari web browser on your iPad is simple and can make your work very easy. Read on to understand how.
Wish to go back to a web page that you visited a day ago on Safari browser on your iPad? It’s easy to do so as the Safari web browser keeps track of all the web pages you visited along with other components like caches and cookies. Keywords and passwords are also saved in your browsing history. The look and feel of a site are customised, and your browsing experience is improved with the saved caches and cookies.
But everything comes with a dark side of its own. And likewise, with this feature too you can have inconveniences. You wouldn’t always want your browser to keep track of where all you went on the internet. You might even be searching something that you wouldn’t want your browser to suggest you the next time you begin web surfing. But who said these problems don’t have a solution?
You’re the master of your device, and you can manage your browsing history on it. You can decide what to keep and what to trash away. In short, there is a way to manage history and browser data in Safari on your iPad.
Where is the browsing history saved in Safari browser on an iPad?
To view your browsing history in Safari on the iPad:
- Launch Safari web browser on your iPad.
- Click on the open book icon (it is at the top of the screen).
- A panel will open. Tap the open book icon again.
- select History.
A log of all the web pages you went to over the past month shows up in chronological order. You may tap on any of the links of the web pages to directly reach it on your iPad.
What if I want to clear Safari browsing history?
You may clear up all your browsing history stored in Safari in case you don’t want it or wish to remove it. Doing this shall refrain Safari from suggesting you keywords, passwords, websites from past the past browsing activity.
To trash your browsing history:
- Open the browsing history (as mentioned above)
- Tap Clear (at the bottom of the screen)
- You will see four options asking you about the time you wish to remove your history from
- Choose one option according to your preference
Is there another way to clear Safari browsing history on iPad?
Yes, you may also delete the browsing history of Safari from the settings app of your iPad.
- Select the Settings icon from the home screen.
- Scroll down and tap on the option labelled Safari. This will show all the settings for Safari app.
- Scroll through the settings and select Clear History and Website Data.
- Tap Clear, when the option appears.
Clearing the history on the iPad also clears it from any other device you may have signed in to your iCloud account.
|Was this article helpful?|
|Thanks for letting us know!|