The Harvard dropout and highly successful, Mark Zuckerberg has an estimated net worth of $71.5 billion. The hefty sum has been solely a contribution of Facebook. Starting Facebook proved to be a life-changing decision for the American internet entrepreneur and computer programmer.
It’s All About Numbers
- Zuckerberg being one of the wealthiest people in the world has already earned about $4 million for each day of his life as reported by CNBC
- He has successfully made more money per day than any other person alive on this planet. This fact seems astonishing, and this places him at number one in the Forbes’ list of billionaires. However, he secures the fifth position in the list of world’s wealthiest persons in the Bloomberg Billionaires Index.
- The magazine, “Vanity Fair” placed Zuckerberg number 1 on its Top 100 “most influential people of the Information Age” (2010).
- In New Statesman’s annual survey of the “World’s 50 most influential figures”, Zuckerberg secured the 16th place
- He is reported to add up a huge sum of $9 billion each year to his wealth as the Fortune Magazine reports. Presently, Facebook proudly rules a “market cap” of about $426.5 billion.
- Zuckerberg gave way to the large and mammoth size project that Facebook is today, from his dormitory room at Harvard. It was initially an idea of student directory that later got transformed into something revolutionary as we see it now. He was later successful in spreading it over to other universities like New York University, Columbia University, University of Pennsylvania, etc.
- He took advice regarding the financing strategies from Peter Currie who is the Netscape CFO. Mark Zuckerberg opened up on his real intention in 2010 to the Wired magazine; “The thing I really care about is the mission, making the world open.”
- The TIMES magazine named him “Person of the Year” in the year 2010.
- Mark Zuckerberg is interestingly the world’s youngest billionaire.
- He proudly owns a private jet also.
In 2013, the turnover of Facebook, Inc. came to $7.87 billion and net pay – $1.5 billion. The development rates are likewise amazing: three years turnover has expanded six times.
The underlying profit of Facebook originates from logical advertisements. Developing a number of clients and the time they spend on the site is changed over into promoting incomes. 85% percent of income a year ago was earned through logical promoting.
The vast majority of the rest 15% are derivations from buys made through the Facebook instalment framework. These are for the most part not genuine, but somewhat virtual merchandise. For instance seeds, products of the soil, acquired by the fans of the famous game: Farmville (created by Zynga).
Mr Zuckerberg Goes Purchasing
Mark Zuckerberg is an outstanding strategist, and he continues acquiring companies that keep their operation as independent entities beneath Facebook’s umbrella.
In April 2012, he obtained the mobile image sharing app, Instagram for $1 billion in coins and inventory.
In March 2014, Facebook closed the purchase of Oculus Rift for $2 billion. Oculus Rift is a virtual reality hardware engineered by using Oculus VR Company headed by way of Palmer Freeman Luckey.
In October 2014, Mark Zuckerberg finished the purchase of WhatsApp for $22 billion. WhatsApp is an immediately messaging utility founded via Jan Koum and Brian Acton in 2009.
It’s surprising that the Founder and CEO of world’s largest social networking site chooses to drive his cheap car, a black Acura TSX that is worth only $30,000. He also owns a Volkswagen GTI of comparable worth. He justifies his choice by saying; it’s comfortable, safe, and not pretentious.
He has a home in Palo Alto, a posh locality in California, which spans over an area of 5, 1617 square foot. It is located in the northwest corner of Santa Clara County and was worth $7 million. The house is modest, though grand.
The New York Times reported that Mark Zuckerberg and his wife have decided to donate 99% of their Facebook shares towards charity.
He along with his wife, Priscilla Chan has donated a sum of $3 million to cure the entire world of disease.
They successfully launched the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative (CZI). Its mission is to advance human potential and promote equal opportunity.
Here’s a Video of Mark Zuckerberg at the Harvard Commencement 2017 where he talks about innovation and dreaming a different world in the digital era.
Feature Image Credit: Snapshot from YouTube Video by Harvard University
|Was this article helpful?|
|Thanks for letting us know!|