We often care about our physical health and ignore our mental health. The kind of lifestyle people are living today is full of hassle bustle, stress, anxiety and to an extent depression.
Just like our body, it is necessary to keep our mind healthy too.
One of the ways to keep your mental health balanced is by practicing Meditation daily. Well, let’s see how much do you know about this technique of mental healing.
1. Which among the following is known to be Buddhist practice meditation?
Zen Meditation is also known by the name Zazen. Zen practitioners study under a teacher because this kind of meditation involves specific steps and postures. The goal is to find a comfortable position, focus on breathing, and mindfully observe one's thoughts without judgment.
2. Which among the following does not serve as the benefits of meditation?
We hope that you have read the question correctly. Mediation is a great practice; it can reduce anxiety, stress, help you attain a state of peace and mindfulness. It is one of the ways to reduce memory loss due to age. It also serves as an effective way to fight addictions as it helps to keep a control over your thought processing.
3. Meditation can also help to improve sleep. Which among the following can be the best reason for sleep improvement due to meditation?
Meditation has many benefits; one among them is improving sleep. Reduction in anxiety and increase in focus will relax your mind, but the most appropriate option is the control over thoughts which is directly linked to relaxation of mind. Hence, assisting in better sleep.
4. Meditation is the treatment for which of the following?
An easy one isn't it? Well, meditation is one of the oldest tried and tested method to cure chronic diseases. It can even help to cure a life-threatening illness like cancer.
5. From which language the English word meditation is derived?
The English meditation is derived from Old French meditacioun and the Latin meditatio from a verb meditari, meaning "to think, contemplate, devise, ponder”.
6. Which time in 24 hours is considered to be the best time to meditate?
Unlike exercise, meditation can be practiced at any time there is no restriction over it. But the most effective time for meditation is considered to be in the early hours of the morning. As one gets up from sleep, the mind is relaxed and whatever thought is feed to mind there are more chances of it entering the subconscious mind.
7. According to Richie Davidson research, what is the minimum time for active meditation?
Different researchers have a different saying for the time meditation should be practiced every day. Richard J. Davidson is a professor of psychology and psychiatry. He is one of his research stated that the benefits of meditation could be achieved with a practice of only 8 minutes per day.
8. What is the name given to the meditation that is practiced while walking?
Quite a tough. one isn't it? Well, Seiza and Burmese are sitting postures for meditating, and samu is doing meditation mindfully while performing some other task. So the only option left is Kinhin which is the right answer.
9. "Dhikr" meaning remembering and mentioning God is a type of meditation. Which religion practices this meditation?
10. One of the meditation practices is an act of paying attention to whatever you are experiencing in the present moment. Which one we are talking about?
There are many different kinds of meditation. And all of them have their benefits. One of the meditations is Mindfulness meditation. It is a form of meditation which needs an effortless practice that is to keep their mind in the present moment rather than thinking about the past or future. It is all based on the focus of mind on your present experiences.
Share your Results: