The Austin Powers and Shrek star Mike Myers is an actor and writer whose net worth is estimated to be $175 million. Mike Myers was born on 25th May 1963 in Ontario, Canada. He owns both a Canadian and British citizenship. He completed his graduation in 1982 from Stephen Leacock Collegiate Institution. He was also given the title ‘Officer’ by David Johnston (Governor General of Canada) in 2017 for his contribution towards the comedy field. He has been married twice.
Earnings comprising Mike Myers net worth
His Movie and TV career
He started acting as a child as he made appearances in many commercials.
- At just 12 years of age, Mike starred in a Canadian TV serial called ‘King of Kensington’
- Salary from Wayne’s World 1 and 2 $4.5 million
- So I married an axe murderer cashed in $2 million
- Austin power franchise movies in 1997, 1999 and 2002 saw him earn an estimated $35 million
- His salary from the voiceover in the successful animated movie franchise Shrek was $3 million
- Shrek 2 released in 2004 earned him $10 million
- He became one of the casts of SNL in 1989 where he acted out many characters
- His Character Wayne on SNL helped him bag the movie titles ‘Wayne’s World’
- He also starred alongside Comedian Neil Mullarkey in a British kids program called ‘Wide Awake Club’
- He is also said to have earned $108,000 per minute on Shrek 3
He directed the documentary ‘Supermensh: The Legend of Shep Gordon’.
- Suggested Read – The Roasting Comedian – Jeff Ross Net Worth
- The actor owns a $2.4 million worth home in Beverly Hills, LA
- He bought a home in Tribeca which he later sold at a loss of $675,000
- He owns a duplex apartment in New York
- He also happens to own an 8-acre estate in Colchester
Endorsements and ventures
- He signed a contract with Universal Pictures worth $20 million in 2000
- He is the founding member of ‘The Comedy Store Players’ which is a London- based comedy troupe
- Mike has invested a lot of money in local businesses
Some books written by him are:
- Wayne’s World- 1991
- Canada- 2016 (National Bestseller)
- Austin Powers: How to be an International Man of Mystery in 1997
- Mike Myers donated to the Food Bank for New York City
- He played for the Soccer Aid in 2010 for UNICEF’s UK match
Suggested Read – What is Jeff Foxworthy’s Net Worth?
The charities and foundations that Mike Myers donates to and supports are:
- Fulfillment Fund
- A star for the night
- Make Poverty History
- Friends of Scotland
- Artists against Racism
- Elton John AIDS Foundation
- Only Make Believe
- Paralyzed Veterans of America
- Stand up to Cancer
- The Lunchbox Fund and many more
The causes that he supports are:
AIDS, Animals, Cancer, Children, Hunger, Senior Citizen, Poverty, Education etc.
Mike Myers is very famous in the Comedy World and seems to have just the perfect sense of humour. He has given rise to ultimate characters out of the imagination of his mind shows us his creative side. We hope to soon be introduced to more of his ventures.
Feature Image Credit: Snapshot from YouTube Video by Jimmy Fallon Show