If you have been looking for a new mattress to buy and so far have restricted your choice to only memory foam mattresses, then it might be worthwhile to think of a better option.
Nolah has come out with its innovative product which is considered to be a better alternative to even good quality memory foam.
The innovative foam called the Nolah AirFoam™ is ideal for side sleepers and comes with less heat retention while providing more pressure relief. The Nolah AirFoam™ is superior to normal memory foam. It doesn’t trap heat and assures a cool comfortable sleep.
The Nolah mattress also has the CertiPUR-US® certification which makes it safe and without the use of chemicals that harm the environment. Moreover, the company commits to giving away 7% of the proceeds from your purchase to wildlife causes.
The Nolah mattress is ideal for all types of sleepers. Moreover, the Nolah Signature 12 is a flippable mattress. It has two sides – soft and firm. You can use any side you prefer by just flipping the mattress.
Let us find out more on what makes Nolah mattress different from others and how it makes more sense to buy it.
Few outstanding features of Nolah mattress
So, what makes the Nolah mattress so special? But before getting into deeper, let’s find out the key features, many of which are exclusive to Nolah.
- Nolah mattresses don’t use memory foam but a better alternative, Nolah’s AirFoam™
- AirFoam™ feels cooler during sleep as it doesn’t trap body heat
- The Nolah’s AirFoam™ provides four times better pressure relief
- Ideal for side and back sleepers as pressure is reduced on hips and shoulders
- Certipur-US® certification for the foam ensures that no ozone depleting and other harmful chemicals were used during manufacture.
- The Nolah AirFoam™ high-resilience foam is 300% more durable
- The Nolah Signature 12 comes with two firmness options in one mattress
- There is 120 days trial period during which you can return the mattress
- Unlike others, there is a long warranty of 15 years
- Free shipping in the US
- Vacuum compressed rolled packaging
1. Construction and Materials
The Nolah Mattress comes in two thicknesses. The Nolah Original 10 Mattress is 10-inch thick, while the Nolah Signature 12 Mattress is 12-inch thick. Both use the same innovative Nolah AirFoam™.
This is superior to memory foam or other conventional ‘visco-elastic’ foams. It is a fast, responsive temperature-neutral ‘memory foam’.
This PU foam is made without the heat-trapping viscoelastic chemicals. Therefore it retains less heat and also exerts less pressure on the body. It has a bounce similar to latex foam.
Let us get into the insides of both these mattresses.
Nolah Original 10 mattress
It has three layers with a total thickness of 10 inches.
- 1st or top layer It is made of 2-inches thick cooling, pressure relief Nolah AirFoam™. It is the closest to your body. It is made to give pressure relief and comfort as it hugs you softly.
This is the layer that keeps you cool without trapping the heat that emanates from your body.
- 2nd layer: This is a 1-inch layer of high resilience AirFlow™ support foam. It is deeply supportive while providing a reassuring bounce.
- 3rd or the base layer: This is a 7-inch thick layer made of High-Density Base Foam. The foam is breathable yet strong and durable. This is meant to be an additional reinforcement for support. This layer makes your mattress last for years together.
Nolah Signature 12 mattress
The Nolah Signature 12 has a total thickness of 12 inches. This is a flippable mattress with varying firmness. On one side it is of 4-5 medium firmness, while on the other side it is 7-8 firm.
This mattress is like having two with different firmness. It suits all kind of sleepers whether they sleep on their side, back or tummy.
- Layer 1 on the soft side This has 2.5-inches of thick cooling Nolah AirFoam™. This is the same foam that makes the top layer of Nolah Original mattress. However, it is only 1 inch thick in the Nolah Original mattress.
- Layer 2 It is made of 1.5 inches of high resilience foam. It is the same quality of foam used in the Original 10 mattress, except that it is thicker.
- Layer 3 This is a 7-inch layer of high-density breathable base foam. This layer again is the same as in the Nolah Original. Even the thickness is the same.
- Layer 4 When you flip the mattress this layer comes on the top. This is the firm side of the mattress. This is made of 1-inch Nolah AirFoam™.
This is the same as used in the top layer of the Nolah Original 10 mattress.
Soft and breathable cover
The mattress comes with an organic cotton cover. This cover is made from natural viscose sourced from wood pulp. This cover takes off moisture. It keeps you dry while you sleep off peacefully through the night.
- Quality of materials – ★★★★★ – 4.9 out of 5 stars
- Firmness (Firm side)-★★★★☆ – 4.7 out of 5
- Firmness (Soft side) –★★★★☆ – 4.6 out of 5
- Comfort –★★★★☆ – 4.8 out of 5
- Cooling-★★★★☆ – 4.9 out of 5
- Edge support Comfort-★★★☆☆ – 3.8 out of 5
2. Suitable for all types of sleepers – side, back, and tummy
If you are a side and back sleeper, then you will feel as if Nolah mattress has been made especially for you. Nolah’s AirFoam™ gives four times better pressure relief. Your hips, shoulders, and back will thank you for the comfort.
Those who sleep on their tummies need a firm surface that relieves the pressure from their tummies.
The weight should be supported by chest shoulders and thighs. This is what the firm side of the Nolah Signature 12 mattress provides.
Needless to say that proper spinal alignment is of prime importance for comfort. Nolah mattresses provide this for a night of healthy sleep.
3. CERTIPUR-US® certified foam
Nolah Mattress uses CertiPUR-US® Certified Foam. This implies that the foam is manufactured without the use of chemicals that are hazardous for the environment or depletes the ozone layer. Such chemicals include ozone-depleting chemicals, PBDEs, TDCPP or TCEP flame-retardants, and heavy metals like mercury and lead.
4. Available in all popular sizes
Nolah mattresses come in two thicknesses, 10 inches and 12 inches for the Original and Signature versions respectively. Both mattresses are available in all popular bed sizes. Take a look at the sizes given here.
- Twin – 75 x 38 inches
- Twin XL – 80 x 38 inches
- Full – 75 x 54 inches
- Queen – 80 x 60 inches
- King – 80 x 76 inches
- California King – 84 x 72 inches
5. Vacuum rolled-up packaging
Nolah Mattress is also a ‘Bed in the Box’ mattress and comes in a rolled up packaging for easy and safe transportation. The vacuum compressed mattress inflates and expands to its original size once the outer packaging is cut and removed.
6. Free shipping
Nolah Mattress comes with the additional benefits of free shipping within the US. In fact, ever returns are shipped free.
7. Free 120 nights trial
You can try it without any risk or expenses for straight 120 nights. If you are still unsatisfied, you can return it. The company gives you a full refund. You do not even have to worry about return shipping charges. The mattress will be picked up from your home and donated to a local charity.
- Trial- ★★★★★
- Warranty – ★★★★★
8. 15-year warranty
Nolah offers a long 15-year warranty on its mattresses. This ensures you the perfect peace of mind. What more can you ask for?
9. Full refund
In case you are not satisfied with the mattress, Nolah offers a full refund. No questions asked. Not only this, the return pick-up will be absolutely free.
They will just get it picked from your home to get it donated to a charity. Isn’t that amazing? It is also proof of how serious the company is about their product.
10. Competitively priced
When you look at the benefits of Nolah Mattress then you will find that it is very competitively priced. The first set of prices is for the Nolah Original 10 mattress, whereas the second set of prices is for the Nolah Signature mattress.
- Twin – 75 x 38 inches – $499 $769
- Twin XL – 80 x 38 inches -$634 $869
- Full – 75 x 54 inches – $754 $1069
- Queen – 80 x 60 inches – $894 $1269
- King – 80 x 76 inches -$994 $1469
- California King – 84 x 72 inches -$994 $1469
11.Cons of Nolah Mattress Mattress
It might sound amazing, but we did not find any cons with the Nolah mattress. In fact, unlike other memory foam mattress which lacks bounciness, Nolah mattress is somewhat bouncy.
This feature will be enjoyed by those who sleep on the sides or their stomach.
Bounciness also means reduced motion isolation. Therefore couples may find themselves a bit more disturbed on Nolah than on other mattresses.
Also, you may find the edge support a bit lacking as compared to mattresses made with other materials.
The final verdict – Why Nolah mattress is a good choice?
What tilts the scales in favor of Nolah is its proprietary Nolah AirFoam™ which is superior to normal memory foam. So you will find the mattress quite comfortably cool during sleep.
Nolah also gives you four times more pressure relief than ordinary memory foam mattresses. If that was not enough, Nolah mattresses are three times more durable than other foam mattresses and 26 times more durable than other mattresses. Think of all the money you will save over the years!
What is more, Nolah is good for all types of sleepers. It doesn’t matter if you are a side, back or stomach sleeper. Moreover, with Signature 12 mattress you get twin option of firmness by just flipping the mattress.
Also, with a 120-nights trial and 15-year warranty, you get absolute peace of mind. Nolah is 100% manufactured in America. You will also feel good to know that a part of your money goes towards protecting America’s wildlife!
With all these benefits that give you the best value for your money, there is no reason not to choose the Nolah Mattress.