Oral hygiene includes brushing up your teeth properly, cleaning the mouth to avoid bad breath and diseases. It is necessary to maintain a regular check on oral hygiene. Otherwise, it can lead to many dental health issues.
Often these days we find kids more prone to tooth decay and bleeding gums. This happens as their oral hygiene is not maintained properly. Here is a quiz related to oral hygiene that can help you to learn more.
1. Bleeding gum is a symptom of gum diseases. Which among the following can cause bleeding gums?
Scurvy is caused by a deficiency of vitamin C. Swollen gums, and the opening of previously healed wounds is observed in scurvy. Uncontrolled blood sugar levels can cause levels of glucose to rise in saliva, which then further can cause bleeding gums.
2. Gingivitis is inflammation of the gums. Bleeding of gingiva can occur in the presence of
Gingivitis is the most common cause of bleeding gums. If bleeding gums are not treated in time, then gingivitis can proceed to periodontitis.
3. Which of the following can be helpful with bleeding gums?
Usage of a hard toothbrush or applying too much force can aggravate bleeding gums. You can rinse your mouth with lukewarm salt water. Hot water can burn our mouth or increase the problem of bleeding gums. Mouthwashes that have alcohol should be avoided as they can make our mouth dry.
4. Is gum inflammation in the early stage reversible?
Gum inflammation can be reversed in the early stage. But that does not mean that you should allow gum inflammation. Also, if it persists for a long time, it can cause serious dental health issues.
5. What is the minimum necessary time suggested for brushing?
At least two minutes should be dedicated for brushing up the teeth. Brushing is crucial and should be done correctly. One must thoroughly brush all the teeth and tongue to avoid dental problems.
6. What is the minimum number of times in a day brushing is recommended?
An easy one! The dentist usually recommends that brushing should be done at least twice a day. Firstly as you wake up in the morning and second time before you sleep at night
7. Multiple premature eruptions of teeth can be a symptom of which of the following
Sometimes an early eruption of teeth occurs. But usually, only one tooth appears prematurely. If there are multiple eruptions of premature teeth, then it can be due to hyperthyroidism.
8. With time the bristles of the brush get frayed away. It is recommended to change them in _______
A toothbrush is the most basic and useful tool to clean mouth. So to keep your oral hygiene, it is necessary to change toothbrush every three months. Read more at toothbrush-bristles.
9. The primary dentition is the first set of dentition in a person’s life. When do the primary teeth erupt in the mouth?
The primary teeth erupt and shed on a schedule, and there are many factors which can influence the eruption. But this happens generally during infancy.
10. Primary teeth are the first set of dentition that erupts in a person’s mouth. This first set of dentation contains
These first set of teeth starts to develop during the embryonic stage of development. They are generally lost and replaced by permanent teeth, which happens according to a schedule
Share your Results: