Puff Daddy, otherwise called ‘Diddy’ or ‘P. Diddy’ is a Grammy Award-winning American rapper, record maker and business visionary. Forbes assessed his net worth at $825 million as of 2018, making him drop from the first spot to the second-wealthiest hip-hop artist in the US after Jay-Z reaching the $900M mark from 2017 to ’18.
Who is P Diddy?
His real name is Sean John Combs. He is one of the greatest names in the American music industry, who has cut efficiently out a speciality for himself. Combs has won three Grammy Awards and two MTV Video Music Awards and is the maker of MTV’s Making the Band.
He worked initially as a talent director with Uptown Records previously establishing his label Bad Boy Entertainment in 1993. His first album No Way Out (1997) is certified seven times platinum.
This was trailed by fruitful collections, for example, Forever (1999), The Saga Continues… (2001), and Press Play (2006). In 2009, Combs shaped the melodic group Diddy-Dirty Money and released the album, Last Train to Paris (2010), which was commercially successful and well-reviewed by critics.
He likewise owns a clothing line as well.
- Suggested Read – Dr Dre Net Worth
His significant works include
His single, ‘Can’t Nobody Hold Me Down’ from the collection ‘No Way Out’ crested at the leading position on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 for an exceptional a month and a half.
His collection ‘Press Play’ topped at the principal position on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100. Starting from 2008, the collection has sold 700,000 copies in the U.S.A alone.
In 1993, after losing his job at Uptown Records, he built up ‘Bad Boy Records’ alongside Arista Records and The Notorious B.I.G. The venture delivered numerous fruitful hits like The Notorious B.I.G’s. ‘Ready to Die’ collection.
‘Bad Boy Records’ marked with numerous different artists including Mary J. Blige, with whom he guest produced the collection, ‘What’s the 411?’ and executive produced ‘My Life’, at first. They additionally marked with ‘TLC’, a girl band.
In 1995, ‘Bad Boy Records’ discharged the Faith Evans first collection titled, ‘Faith’, which likewise highlighted Mary J. Blige in the single, ‘Love Don’t Live Here Anymore’. The collection did well. Then, in the year 1996, he was the official maker of the R&B band ‘Total’s’ self-titled collection, which did sensibly well on the charts. The hit singles from the collection incorporate, ‘Can’t You See’ and ‘No One Else’.
In July 1997, he turned out with his introduction collection titled, ‘No Way Out’, which was released under the ‘Terrible Boy Records’ mark. The collection was a win financially and included, ‘Can’t Nobody Hold Me Down’, a hit single. Later, in May 1997, alongside Faith Evans and R&B group, ‘112’, he made the Grammy Award honoured single, ‘I’ll Be Missing You’. The tune was a tribute to ‘The Notorious B.I.G’, who was killed in March that year.
In September 1997, he was one of the makers for Mariah Carey’s 6th studio collection titled, ‘Butterfly’. That year, he additionally delivered the song ‘I Know What Girls Like’ from rapper Jay-Z’s collection, ‘In My Lifetime, Vol. 1’.
In 2000, he was one of the makers of the collection, ‘Life Story’ by the American hip hop band, the Ice Cube album, Carl Thomas collection, ‘War and Peace Vol. 2’, ‘Emotional’ and the collection, ‘Shyne’. Then in 2001, he released his collection titled, ‘The Saga Continues’, which was a great success. The collection highlighted the tracks, ‘Terrible Boy For Life’, ‘That is Crazy’ and ‘We should Get It’.
- Suggested Read – Drake Net Worth
In 2010, he discharged his collection, ‘Last Train to Paris’, which came under the Bad Boy Records name. Prior to the collection was discharged he turned out with the singles, ‘Holy messengers’, ‘Hello Good Morning’, ‘Loving You No More’ and ‘Coming Home’. In 2012, he appeared in the eight season scene of the American TV sitcom, ‘It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia’. He has showed up in the movies, ‘Made’, ‘Monster’s Ball’ and ‘Get Him to the Greek’.
Awards and Recognition
- In 1998, he got the Grammy Award for the class of ‘Best Rap Album’ for ‘No Way Out’.
- He also got the Grammy Award for the class of ‘Best Rap Performance By a Duo or Group’ for ‘I’ll Be Missing You’.
- In 2004, he got the Grammy Award for the class of ‘Best Rap Performance By a Duo or Group’ for ‘Shake Ya Tailfeather’.
The foundations and charity that he lends support to include:
American Foundation for AIDS Research, i.am scholarship Fund, Barbara Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes, Usher’s New Look Foundation, Hip-Hop Summit Action Network, Children’s Hope Foundation, Elton John AIDS Foundation, Jackie Robinson Foundation, ONE Campaign, Breast Cancer Research Foundation, and Tony Hawk Foundation.
- He has raised more than $2 million for New York schools and kids suffering from HIV and AIDS in the 2003 New York Marathon
- He has additionally made a hot pink slip for charity purposes through his garments line, Sean John for Breast Cancer Care
- Diddy once went to a 17-year-old cancer patient at a philanthropy tennis match
- He is on the Board of Directors for “Hip-Hop Summit Action Network”
Cars & Houses included in Diddy Net Worth
- Sean John possesses a manor Holmby Hills in the Los Angeles region. Just to begin with, the property cost him an astounding $39 Million
- He possesses a $330,000 Maybach 57, which he skilled to his child on his birthday
- He additionally claims a Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder which cost him $300,000. Beneficiary evident to Lamborghini Jalpa, the Gallardo Spyder is a super auto with a six-speed transmission
- Sean Combs’ gem in the crown is Rolls Royce Phantom Drophead Coupe which is the most costly auto Rolls Royce Phantom arrangement at $442,000. It is a high-quality convertible with a stainless steel body
- Another auto including in his carport is a Jeep Wrangler
|Was this article helpful?|
|Thanks for letting us know!|