Tooth whitening has become the go-to treatment for most of the people who desire a white and bright looking smile. There are several types of tooth whitening techniques that can help you to achieve the perfect smile. Some of them are in-office treatments, while others are accessible in a home tooth whitening kit. One such procedure is Pola tooth whitening.
Pola teeth whitening potentially provides whiter looking teeth in a single application. It is unique from other brands of tooth whitening as it can whiten teeth up to eight shades in just one hour. Additionally, Pola teeth whitening is also available in a home kit that can whiten the teeth up to six shades in three nights’ application.
Like any other whitening product, pola tooth whitening removes the stains from the tooth surface, leaving a uniformly white smile. Moreover, pola tooth whitening contains fluoride release property, which remineralizes the tooth surface. Therefore, the patient does not experience tooth sensitivity post-treatment. Today’s article will highlight the features of pola tooth whitening. Furthermore, we will discuss the procedure and types of pola tooth whitening products.
What is Pola Teeth Whitening?
Pola teeth whitening is a brand that offers in-office and home tooth whitening products. Typically, pola teeth whitening is used to remove tooth discoloration and stains from the surface of the enamel. Such stains can be formed by –
- Red wine
- Black or herbal tea
- Smoking o chewing tobacco
- Artificial food colors
Pola teeth whitening is ideal for patients who have good oral health. Moreover, there are no signs of tooth decay or gum disease. Additionally, patients must have no or minimal tooth restorations. (1)
What are the properties of Pola Teeth whitening?
Pola tooth whitening is a unique whitening product because of the following properties –
- Fluoride release – usually, pola tooth whitening products consist of fluoride. On the application of the gel, the fluoride-releasing feature allows the remineralization of the tooth enamel. This property helps to eliminate tooth sensitivity post-treatment. Moreover, it strengthens the tooth structure. (2)
- Effectiveness – The effectiveness of Pola tooth whitening can be witnessed in just 15 minutes of its application. Moreover, pola home tooth whitening gel can be applied to the tooth overnight.
- Safety – pola tooth whitening products are made from high water formulations. Therefore, the pH of the bleaching gel is usually neutral and viscous, which does not damage the tooth surface and surrounding gums.
What is the procedure?
Whether it is an in-office treatment or a home tooth whitening treatment, the pola tooth whitening procedure is quite simple.
- First, the pre-operative shade of the teeth is recorded using the pola whitening shade guide. Pola tooth whitening kit provides eight shades of tooth whitening for in-office treatments and six shades for home treatment kit.
- The bleaching gel is placed in the tooth whitening tray.
- The tray is then placed on the tooth surface, and the gel is allowed to flow and set on each tooth. A 15 minutes application is ideal for in-office treatment. However, the home kits work a little slower and must be used overnight for three nights to see the desired results.
- All the excess gel around the tray is wiped off the tooth surface using a tissue or soft dry brush
- Remove the tray and rinse the mouth with lukewarm water
- You can also brush your teeth if required.
What is the working mechanism?
There are typically three steps that Pola tooth whitening follows to provide an instantly white smile. These steps are listed below –
- First, the gel breaks down into water and oxygen ions. The oxygen ions enter the enamel surface and react with the stain molecules.
- They break down the stain molecules into shorter parts and make them colorless.
- The colorless stain molecules loosen from the tooth surface and get washed away from by saliva naturally. (3)
What are the types of pola home teeth whitening products?
Pola home kits are usually available in two forms-
As the name suggests, it consists of bleaching formulation that should be applied during the day. All products are made from high water formulations that provide instant tooth whitening in less than 30 minutes.
Pola day tooth whitening kit is typically available in different strengths of the bleaching gel. Higher-strength whitening gel usually provides better results in a shorter period. some of the different strengths of pola bleaching gel are as follows –
Pola day kits with higher strength are usually used for in-office treatments.
Pola Night is a more convenient tooth whitening formulation. It is usually applied overnight while you sleep. Pola night formulations consist of high fluoride release property, which eliminates post-treatment tooth sensitivity. Like pola day, pola night also comes in different strengths of the bleaching gel –
- 10% carbamide peroxide (5)
- 16% carbamide peroxide
- 18% carbamide peroxide
- 22% carbamide peroxide
Pola night tooth whitening results are usually visible within three consecutive night applications.
What is the cost?
Usually, pola in-office tooth whitening may cost around $250 – $400. Pola takes home tooth whitening kits that are more affordable and convenient to buy. The cost of a pola home tooth whitening kit usually ranges between $ 25 – $100.
Take away message
Pola teeth whitening is one of the most unique and popular types of tooth whitening products. It is typically made from high water formulations, which marks the safety and efficacy of the whitening product.
Additionally, pola teeth whitening comes with a fluoride release property that eliminated the post-treatment tooth sensitivity. Another feature of Pola tooth whitening is that t provides up to eight shades of tooth whitening in-office treatments. Moreover, the pola home tooth whitening kits can provide six shades of lighter effect.
Typically, pola teeth whitening gel breaks down to form oxygen ions that react with the stains on the tooth surface and makes them colorless and loose. The result is a straight white smile. Pola teeth whitening comes in a day and night gel formulation that can be used conveniently for an instantly white smile. Consult your dentist to know which pola teeth whitening treatment is best for you.