The view of the night sky, filled with shiny bright stars is so soothing to the eyes. A star is an astronomical object which has its light and energy.
Some stars are visible to naked eyes and some aren’t as they can be small in size or too far to be visible.
What is the secret behind these stars? What is their life cycle? Does the science behind them excite you? Play the following quiz to know more about them.
1. Many stars are visible to naked eyes at night. Can you name the nearest star to the Earth?
2. Sun is the most important source of energy for life on earth. It is almost spherical in shape. Can you guess its diameter?
3. The stars that are visible to the naked eye from the earth are very few. Can you guess the number of stars present in the Universe that are invisible to the naked eye?
4. A star shines due to the thermonuclear fusion of which two gases?
5. Astronomers determine the features of stars like mass, age, luminosity, and many more by observing the star’s motion. Which among the given factors plays a significant role in determining the evolution of star?
6. The temperature of a star is related to the color of the most predominate wavelength of its emission. Can you guess which color star is the sun?
7. The Gregorian calendar is based on the angle of earth's rotational axis relative to its local star, the Sun. Which type of calendar is it?
8. A star chart or sky map is a map of the night sky. The oldest accurately dated star chart was the result of which ancient astronomy?
9. A multi-star system consists of two or more gravitationally bound stars that orbit each other. The simplest and most common multi-star system is
10. Do you know the name of the brightest star present in the night sky?
Share your Results:
|Was this article helpful?|
|Thanks for letting us know!|