The Spanish golfer, Sergio Garcia, who is known for his incredible talent is estimated to have a net worth of $70 million. The golf player has an income of about $1.5 million per year. He has 887k followers on Twitter, 144k on Facebook and 265k on Instagram.
Sergio Garcia was born on the 9th of January, 1980 at Bristol, Spain. His interest in golf started at just the age of 3. His father, Victor, would teach him little by little. At the age of 12, Sergio won his club championship.
In 1995, he became the youngest player to qualify for the European tour event. He won the Amateur Championship in 1998 and became a professional golfer in 1999. He is currently engaged.
Earnings that contributed to Sergio Garcia net worth
His Golfing career
His fame hit a new milestone when Sergio defeated Tiger Woods in 2000 in the ‘Battle of Bighorn’.
- He won the title of the European tour in 2004.
- His first PGA Tour win was in 2001 in the ‘MasterCard Colonial’ in Texas and also won the Buick Classic in 2001 as well. He was just 21 years old at this time.
- In 2007, Sergio won his first Masters Championship in 20 years.
- Sergio has won a total of 31 tournaments internationally.
- He won a total of $28.5 million for his European tour from 1999- 2017
- He also won a total of $40 million for his PGA tours from the year 1999-2017.
- In 2017, the golf mogul took home $1.98 million.
- He owns a home in Florida that he purchased in 2002 for $1.1 million. The 5,602 square feet home has four bedrooms and four bathrooms.
He likes to keep it posh when it comes to his vehicles and transport.
- Sergio has a private jet under his ownership. The plane named ‘Hawker-4000′ cost Sergio almost $22 million.
- Nissan GTR
- BMW i8
- BMW M4
Endorsements and ventures
- His endorsements from Adidas, shoes, clothing and equipment amounted to a total of $5 million in 2013.
- Sergio is also the chairman of the Board of the Spanish football team ‘CF Borriol’.
- Sergio Garcia has his very own charity ‘The Sergio Garcia Foundation’ which he founded in 2002. The primary purpose of his charity is to help the deprived children and youth.
- He held a charity event at Andalucia in 2017 to help support his charity.
- In 2013, he donated $111,000 to support the junior golfers of ‘The First Tee’ in various centres.
- He is a supporter of causes relating to children, Poverty and Deprived youth.
|Was this article helpful?|
|Thanks for letting us know!|