The former basketball player is one of the most known people in the world today. Shaquille O’Neal is mostly known to have played for the LA Lakers and has a net worth of around $400 million.
Born on March 6th, 1972, in New Jersey, Shaq completed his MBA degree from the University of Phoenix in 2005. He has won the Olympics representing the USA in 1996. He was married to Shaunie O’Neal in 2002 and has five children.
- Suggested Read – LeBron James Net Worth
Earnings included in Shaquille O’Neal Net Worth
His Basketball Career
In his whole career as a basketball player, Shaquille is said to have earned $292 million:
- The start of his basketball career was with the Orlando Magic. His salary from the Orlando Magic was $3 million annually from 1992-1995
- In 1996, Shaq joined LA Lakers and signed a contract with them for seven long years and was paid $121 million by the management. He extended his contract for an additional three years for an amount of $88.5 million. His salary with the LA Lakers started at $10 million in 1996 and gradually increased to $24 million per year in 2003.
- He was later traded to Miami Heat in 2004 and was paid $27 million in salary
- He joined the Phoenix Suns in 2007 for a salary of $20 million
- Shaq played a season with the Cleveland Cavaliers for a salary of $20 million
- His very last game was for the Boston Celtics whom he signed with, in 2010 and who paid hi $1.35 million toward the end of his basketball career
Suggested Read – Kobe Bryant Net Worth
Shaq has also released two rap albums in addition to his Basketball career
- You Can’t stop the Reign in 1998 and
- Shaq Diesel in 1993
Shaw has also appeared in many movies:
- Blue Chips
- The Wash
- The Lego Movie
- Smurfs 2
- Grownups 2
- Jack and Jill
- Scary movie 4
- Shaq also had his very own reality show known as ‘Shaq’s Big Challenge’
Suggested Read – Michael Jordan Net Worth
- In 2012, Shaq bought a 3,000 square feet home in Mount Dora, Florida for $235,000. The house is said to have seven bedrooms and four bathrooms.
- He owns a mansion in Orlando that consists of 11 bedrooms, 13 bathrooms, a room for his collection of sports cars and a basketball court.
- Shaq owns a property worth $1.15 million in Atlanta that has two homes. One home has a home theatre. Both of them together have around eight bedrooms and ten bathrooms.
- Shaq owns a Rolls Royce Phantom worth $403,000
- He holds a Mustang Coupe worth $100,000
- A Lamborghini Gallardo worth $181,900
Endorsements and ventures
Shaquille is a very famous person who is most famous as a basketball player. He earns more than $20 million every year from just from endorsing brands and venturing into new ones.
- He collaborated with AriZona Beverage to launch Shaq Soda which was a complete success, being AriZona’s most successful beverage ever.
- Shaq even has a line of shoes known as Shaq- a brand which is not very high priced costing only $19.99 to $39.99 a pair and have sold more than 100 million pairs worldwide.
- He even has a line of Suits that’s he launched via Macy’s
- At Zales, he owns a jewellery line.
- The mogul has deals with Gold Bond and IcyHot.
- He is also the spokesman for ‘The General’ which is an insurance company.
- Shaquille owns 10% of ‘Five Guys’ franchise (a fast food restaurant) and owns 17 pretzel producing stands from ‘Auntie Anne’.
- Shaq is a fitness freak being an athlete and owns about 40 gyms known as ’24 Hour Fitness’.
- Shaq has purchased stocks of Google in the past which cost over $700 each at present.
- He has invested in a San Francisco startup known as ‘Loyal3’.
- In 2015, he earned around $100 -150 million from his contract with the world’s biggest brand management companies called ‘Authentic Brand group’.
- He is also involved in the real-estate business.
- He has or has had in the past endorsement deal with Taco Bell, Buick (a car company), Vitamin Water, Power balance wristbands, Mr Big candy bar, Oreo, iGo Headphones, Monster Speakers, a game app of Blackjack, Soup, Glucose Sticks, Video games etc.
- His income from awards amounts to a total of $1 million
Suggested Read – Charles Barkley Net Worth
Shaquille has also written numerous book, the proceeds of which add to his total net worth.
- Little Shaq
- Shaq Uncut: My story published in 2011
- Shaq talks back
- Little Shaq Takes a chance
- Shaq and the Beanstalk and other Very tall tales- 1999
- Shaq Attaq: My rookie year- 1993
Shaquille O’Neal has been involved in countless charities and inspired not only adults but also young children to donate their toys which are not in use any more towards the less fortunate.
- Shaquille helped Toys R Us raise $5.8 million in 2016 that went on to benefit the Marine Toys for Tots Foundation
- He also became a part of the ‘Safe Surfin’ Foundation’ to raise awareness about cyber frauds and attacks and also help those who have been the victim of such acts
- He played a charity basketball game to help ‘Paradise Children Foundation’
- He’s donated money and given items for auctions to help charities
- He even signed basketballs and gave tips to young people
- He helped to supply, and himself distribute items to the victims if the Hurricane Katrina
- Shaq is a part of ‘Shaq- A-Claus’ where he goes around delivering toys to needy children during Christmas
- He donated $1 million to the ‘Boys and Girls Club of America’
Other foundations and charities that Shaq supports are:
- Free the Children
- Phoenix house
- Be the Match
- Kids Wish Network
He also helps causes such as Addiction, Saving Animals, Grief Support, Health, and Children.
Shaq is a legend both as a sportsman and a philanthropist. His net worth makes him one of the highest valued sports personalities of all time. Most of the amount he has generated was in the 90s and early 2000s from contracts with Orlando Magic and LA Lakers.
|Was this article helpful?|
|Thanks for letting us know!|