As on date, Google Chrome has become the most used and versatile internet browser. It has a range of functions and settings to play around. One of such configuration is Chrome Home Button. Chrome default settings do not have this option enabled.
What is Chrome Home Button?
Chrome Home Button is nothing but an option to open a new tab or custom web page. When the button is enabled, then you will see an icon, which resembles a hut, beside the address filed.
How to show the Home Button in Chrome?
- Open Chrome browser.
- Click on the Chrome menu, which is three vertical dots on the right-hand side of the browser window.
- Now click settings from the drop-down menu. Alternately, you can type in chrome://settings in the address bar and hit enter.
- In the settings menu, look for Appearance
- In the Appearance section, you will see an option labelled as Show Home Button.
- By default, this option is disabled. You need to enable it.
- The moment you enable it, two new options, New Tab page and Enter custom web address, will come in front of you.
- If you want to open a blank Chrome tab every time you click Chrome Home Button, then choose the first option, i.e. New Tab page. Whereas, if you want to open a default web page then select the second option as Enter custom web address and enter your choice URL
- That’s it. You are all set. There is no Save option. The setting will be automatically saved
- You can verify by checking out the Home icon near the address bar
|Was this article helpful?|
|Thanks for letting us know!|