Teeth whitening is one of the most popular cosmetic dental treatments that enhances the smile of a person. There are several types of professional and home teeth whitening kits available that can be used to make your smile whiter and brighter. One among such products that have recently become popular among teens and adults is the snow whitening kit. The snow whitening kit typically intends to fight the surface stains and provide a straight white smile.
It consists of a whitening serum that is applied with a brush on the tooth surface. A set of mouthguard is provided that consists of activating light. As the name suggests, the light activates the serum on the tooth surface and removes surface stains. Ideally, snow teeth whitening should be used by individuals who have healthy teeth and gums with no signs of the tooth cavity, gum disease, or dental prosthesis. Let’s dive into the article to know more about this unique teeth whitening system.
What is snow teeth whitening?
The snow teeth whitening system is a unique home teeth whitening kit that can be used without the prescription of a dentist at home. It is typically an LED-activated teeth whitening kit that removes the surface stains on the tooth, such as those caused by wine, tea, coffee, and tobacco. (1)
The snow teeth whitening kit is FDA approved and does not cause any side effects such as tooth sensitivity. However, this product should always be used when necessary to avoid unnecessary dental issues.
What does this kit contain?
Typically, the snow teeth whitening system comes in two forms. The content of each kit lasts for more than 90 applications. The two kits are discussed below –
All-in-one snow teeth whitening kit
This product comes with a whitening serum that is used with a wired mouth guard. Other components of this kit include –
- Shade guide
- Three whitening wand
- Wired LED mouth guard (2)
- One extra strength whitening brush/wand – this contains a higher concentration of the bleaching agent for quicker and more intense results.
This product is compatible with the snow teeth whitening app. This feature helps to control the intensity of teeth whitening. A cable wire helps to connect the mouthpiece to USB ports and phones.
Wireless charging snow teeth whitening kit
This product is similar to the previous kit. The only difference is that it has a wireless charging facility. The components of wireless snow teeth whitening kit contain –
- Wireless LED mouth guard
- Three whitening wand
- One high strength whitening wand
- Desensitizing cream
- Lip treatment kit
- Docking station for charging
- USB cable
Additional features of this unique kit include –
- Red light treatment option which eliminates bacteria reduces tooth sensitivity and improves blood circulation around the gums
- It takes a minimum of seven days to see the effects of teeth whitening
- The dock station acts as a holder and travel case for serum brushes
How to use this kit?
The contents of snow teeth whitening are easy and straightforward to use –
- Complete your routine oral healthcare of brushing and flossing the teeth. This is done to remove the plaque and impurities from the teeth and gums.
- Apply the desensitizing serum 15 minutes before the whitening process to reduce sensitivity and strengthen the enamel. Rinse it off after 15 minutes.
- Apply the whitening serum with the applicator brush on each tooth surface. Do not apply it on the gums. (3)
- Shake the wireless LED mouthpiece to turn on the system. Shake it again to turn on the light. A third-time shake will switch on the red light for gum treatment. Shake it four times to switch off the device. For wired LED mouthpiece, connect it to the phone to activate it.
- Place the mouthpiece in the mouth for at least 30 minutes each day, 21-30 days in a row.
- Those who experience sensitivity can take a break of one to three days in between.
What are the benefits and disadvantages of snow teeth whitening?
Benefits of snow teeth whitening system are listed as follows –
- Simple to use
- Treatment is quick and easy to perform
- Serum is replaceable
- Results can be seen within a week (4)
- Affordable and comfortable option over professional teeth whitening procedure
Some of the disadvantages associated with snow teeth whitening system are as follows –
- It is relatively a new product that may not be effective for everyone
- The wired kit consists of short power cord and does not have modern adapters
Who should use snow teeth whitening?
Typically snow teeth whitening is ideal for adults who have stained teeth. The bleaching serum and big sized mouthpiece can cause harm to the soft tissues of the children and infants. Therefore, the kit is not ideal for them. (5)
People with tooth sensitivity, gum disease, or other oral health issues should not use snow teeth whitening kit. Moreover, they must consult the dentist before practicing it at home.
What is the cost of a snow teeth whitening kit?
The snow teeth whitening kits are much more affordable as compared to professional teeth whitening treatments. The all-in-one kit usually costs around $190 – $250, whereas the wireless kit may range between $ 250 – $300.
Take away message
Snow teeth whitening is one of the most economical and safe option to whiten teeth at home. It is a simple procedure performed to remove surface stains from the teeth to get a whiter smile. This kit comes in two forms – a wired system and a wireless system. Both the kits consist of a whitening serum that is activated using an LED activating light mouthpiece. Additionally, a desensitizing cream can also be used to reduce tooth sensitivity.
Ideally, snow teeth whitening should be used by individuals who have stained teeth with no signs of dental or gum disease. Stains caused by wine, tea, coffee, and tobacco are best removed by this unique teeth whitening system. People who have tooth sensitivity or gum disease should consult the dentist before using the product.
|Was this article helpful?|
|Thanks for letting us know!|