The actor, host, producer, author and radio personality, Steve Harvey net worth is said to have reached $140 million, with a salary of around $40 million. The credit of his net worth goes to the versatility in his career ranging from a Television Star to making it to the big screen, to authoring books.
Steve (Broderick Stephen Harvey) was born on 17th January 1957 in Welch. He is a graduate of West Virginia University. Initially, he tried many kinds of jobs like one of a postman and a boxer till he finally started doing what he loved, i.e., be an entertainer. He has had three marriages and seven children.
- Suggested Read – What is Jerry Springer’s net worth?
Earnings that comprise Steve Harvey’s net worth
His TV Career
- Harvey did stand up comedy initially in 1985 and saw a bit of a struggle
- In 1990 due to him becoming a finalist at the Second Annual Johnnie Walker National Comedy show, Harvey landed the gig of a host for ‘It’s Showtime at the Apollo’. This was the turning point of his career
- In 1994, He also got the deal of ABC’s show Me and the Boys
- Finally, he landed the biggest contract of his entire career, ‘The Steve Harvey Show’ which ran from 1996 to 2002
- In 2000, he also launched his own daily talk radio show called ‘The Steve Harvey Morning show’
- He makes $5000 from a single radio show
- In 2012, he also performed his final two hours stand up and was paid per view
- He was also the host of Miss Universe Pageant 2015 & 2016
The host has also bagged minor roles which also helped his reputation and net worth.
- His debut was in ‘The Fighting Temptations’ in 2003 saw him earn an estimated $17000
- You Got served in 2004 made him $29000
- Johnson family vacation in 2004- $20000
- Love don’t cost a thing- $14000
- And Racing Stripes in 2005 from which he earned around $35000
Like any other celebrity, Harvey also owns a few cars.
- He gifted a Rolls Royce to his wife Marjorie in 2014 which was worth $500,000
- He owns a Bentley
Endorsements and ventures
- In 2014, Harvey launched a dating website called ‘Delightful’ saying that it was to cater to the needs of today’s people which earned $15000
- He is said to have earned more than $5 million for his endorsements with different products and brands.
- He lives in Plano Mansion. His home is a 3.25-acre having five bedrooms, two half bathrooms and five full bathrooms.
- The house is big enough for seven cars to fit in.
Harvey is also an author with many of his books hitting top spots in the book world.
- ‘Act like a Lady’ which was his bestseller in 2009 was made into a movie titled ‘Think like a man’ and made a revenue of $96.1 million.
- The publishing deal for ‘Act like a Lady’ was $5 million.
His other books are:
- No chaser
- Act like success
- Jump: Take the Leap of Faith to achieve your Life of Abundance.
Steve Harvey supports many charities and donations:
- He has founded the Steve and Marjorie Harvey Foundation through which they support young children without dads.
- He also supports the United Negro College Fund to help African University students.
- In 2014, Steve Harvey partnered with Coca-Cola in their Pay It Forward program which offered 2 African American youth a 5-day apprenticeship experience along with $5000 scholarship.
Steve Harvey’s net worth seems to have skyrocketed from a $59 million in 2013 to a $140 million in 2018. The star is a good spokesperson and businessman and may have more years of success. After all, age is just a number isn’t it?
Feature Image Credit: Snapshot from YouTube Video by Steve TV Show
|Was this article helpful?|
|Thanks for letting us know!|