All memory foam bed-in-a-box mattresses have dominated the mattress market. However, for those preferring the ruggedness of spring coils, a few choices exist.
Such mattresses, also known as, hybrid mattresses, uniquely offers both spring coils and memory foam for giving you comfort, firmness as well as bounciness.
Tomorrow hybrid mattress is one of such leading choice.
The Tomorrow Sleep mattress uses the best combination of memory foam and pocketed innerspring coils to make a unique hybrid mattress that has several advantages over others.
It not only provides unmatched pressure relief, support and comfort but also maintains a cool temperature around the body.
The outstanding features of Tomorrow Sleep Mattress
Tomorrow Sleep mattresses also have an all foam mattress, but here we are reviewing only the top of the range hybrid mattress. This mattress comes in two firmness options. Take a look at its features, and you will find some of them truly outstanding.
- Trustworthy – Backed by a century old company Serta Simmons
- 365-night risk-free trial and 10-year warranty – Best in industry
- The top layer of memory foam is hypoallergenic CertiPUR-US® certified
- The top coating of cooling Memory Foam created by NASA scientists to help regulate body temperature
- Excellent pressure relief provided by Gel Swirl Memory Foam
- An extra layer of support provided by Dynamic Response Memory Foam
- Pocketed Innerspring Coils forms the base which provides advanced support with motion-isolation
- The High-Density Base Foam is highly durable and can last for years
- Two firmness options to choose – Medium Soft and Medium Firm
- Benefits of both kinds of materials. Innerspring and foam, in one mattress
- 1-inch thick high-density foam base for durability and to support the coils
- Fully manufactured in the U.S.A.
1. Construction and Materials
Although the Tomorrow Sleep mattresses come in two firmness options, both use the same quality materials with minor variations in layers and thickness to give the desired level of firmness. Both the mattresses are 10-inch thick.
Here’s a layer-by-layer account of the mattresses, starting with the Medium Firm mattress.
Medium firm mattress construction
The top cover
Top cover is the same in both versions of tomorrow mattress. The cover is a thin, breathable and stretchable layer to give you the feel and contact with the comfortable foam layer. It is made of polyester and nylon to retain its unwrinkled and smooth look.
The top layer
This 1-inch thick layer is made of 3.5 lb density Black Diamond memory foam. This helps provide pressure relief and comfort by contouring the body shape.
This layer has a cooling phase changing material infused in it which helps in preventing body heat getting trapped within the foam.
The second layer
This comfort layer is half-inch thick and is made of 2.5 lbs density Airy Memory Foam with infused to keep the temperature cool. This layer has been deliberately kept soft for pressure relief and contouring the body.
The third layer
This layer is 1.5-inch thick, and the bounce foam provides support along with comfort. It prevents the sleeper from sinking deeper in the mattress.
The fourth layer
This is the layer which is 6-inch thick and is made of individually pocketed 0.083″ gauge of high carbon steel 800 Series coil. These coils also provide motion isolation as these are independent of each other.
The coils also provide the required bounciness to easily change position during sleep. There is enough space within the coils to allow airflow and provide cooling.
High-density polyfoam which is 3-inches thick runs around the 6-inches pocketed coils. This encases the spring coils and also provides edge support. This ventilated layer allows airflow to keep the mattress cool. It also adds to the durability of the mattress.
The fifth layer
This 1-inch thick high-density base foam is the last and the base layer. It supports the coil system and serves as the foundation on which the whole mattress rests.
Medium soft mattress construction
The medium soft mattress has similar layers, but it has no third layer of bounce foam. Let us quickly take a look at its layers.
It has a 1-inch thick top layer of 4.8 lb density visco-elastic memory foam. The second layer is made of the same 2.5 lb density Airy memory foam with cooling gel. But instead of being just half-inch thick, here it is full 2-inch thick.
The next layer is the 6-inches thick pocketed 800 coils which are made of a thinner 0.074″ gauge of high carbon steel coils. Below this is the 1-inch thick base layer.
The foam material is CERTIPUR-US® approved
The Tomorrow mattresses use CertiPUR-US® approved foams. These foams are made without ozone-depleting chemicals, PBDE flame retardants, mercury, lead, and other heavy metals, formaldehyde, phthalates etc. These are regulated by the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
- Quality of materials – ★★★★★ 4.9 out of 5 stars
- Firmness –★★★★★ – 4.9 out of 5 stars
- Comfort –★★★★★ – 4.8 out of 5 stars
- Cooling-★★★★★ – 4.8 out of 5 stars
- Edge support Comfort-★★★★☆ – 4 out of 5 stars
2. Warranty & Return policy
- 10-year long warranty – Tomorrow Sleep mattresses offer a long 10-year warranty.
- Full refund – If you are not satisfied with the mattress, you get a full refund, with a free return pick-up.
- 365-nights trial – The Tomorrow mattress offers an unheard of trial period which is one year. This is the most extended trial period offered by any company in this segment.
- Packaging – The mattresses are shipped in a 19.5″ x 19.5″ x 42″ box. The foam is vacuum-compressed.
- Free shipping – The mattress is shipped free within the US through UPS Ground.
- Trial – ★★★★★ – 5 out of 5 stars
- Warranty – ★★★★★ – 5 out of 5 stars
- Shipping – ★★★★★ – 5 out of 5 stars
3. Standout features
Tomorrow Sleep mattresses are backed by the company Serta Simmons Bedding, which has an enviable reputation in the bed and bedding industry since a century. Some standout features of the Tomorrow Sleep mattresses which make it a unique product and worthy buy are given here.
This is a hybrid mattress. It has a great combination of memory foam and individually wrapped coils, which helps in relieving the pressure by contouring the body and helps deliver exceptional comfort and support.
There is the perfect scope for airflow among the layers to avoid trapping of heat and provide cooling comfort.
The pocketed innersprings are placed on a sturdy base. This not only provides a firm foundation to support the bounciness but also enhances durability. Moreover, there is a 3-inch thick foam encasing that covers the innersprings from all sides. The mattress has been made to last for years together.
Comfort and back support
The independent coils and the motion-isolating memory foam combination provide proper alignment of the body from head to toe. The spinal support is awesome which ensures a very restful sleep.
The mattress has temperature-regulating technology, invented by NASA, infused in the memory foam. The complete mattress including the breathable foam and independent coils maximize airflow around them. This helps in transferring the heat away from the body and keeps you cool during sleep.
This mattress is hypoallergenic and toxin-free, as it uses CertiPUR-US® Certified foam. This mattress is fully manufactured in the USA under strict quality control.
The patented, perforated outer covering over the coil spring allows heat to escape while providing durability. The coil springs of different thicknesses are made of high-quality carbon steel.
4. Best for all types of sleepers
The Tomorrow Sleep hybrid mattresses have been liked by all kinds of sleepers.
- The back sleepers found the pocketed individual coils to be very supportive and did not have that sinking-in feeling of foam mattresses. The proper spine alignment ensured pressure relief and a night of restful sleep.
- The side sleepers liked the bounciness of the innersprings a great advantage as it enabled them to change position easily. It avoided the undue pressure on shoulders and hips that occurred with full foam mattresses.
- The stomach sleepers found that the medium firm mattress took off the pressure from their tummies. Instead of their body sinking on the mattress, the weight was evenly distributed, thus relieving the pressure on their stomach.
5. Sleep Experience
The Tomorrow Sleep mattress has been rated 4.8 stars out of five, by its customers. It shows how much the customer liked the sleep experience on the mattress.
Many customers have praised the hybrid nature of the mattress which provides a lively experience of bounciness as well as motion isolation.
Some customers have praised the quality of mattress in delivering a comfortable sleep and making them feel refreshed in the morning.
6. Available in all popular sizes
Both versions of the Tomorrow hybrid mattress have a thickness of 10 inches. The mattresses are available in the following sizes:
- Twin – 38” x 74.5”
- Twin XL – 38” x 79.5”
- Full – 53” x 74.5”
- Queen – 60” x 79.5”
- King – 76” x 79.5”
- California King – 72” x 83.5”
7. Pricing options
The Tomorrow Sleep mattresses are much economically priced than their similar counterparts. In fact they are priced up to 10% less than their nearest rival. Take a look at the prices given below:
- Twin – 38” x 74.5” – $ 545
- Twin XL – 38” x 79.5” – $ 595
- Full – 53” x 74.5” – $ 800
- Queen – 60” x 79.5” – $ 940
- King – 76” x 79.5” – $ 1150
- California King – 72” x 83.5” – $ 1200
Cons of Tomorrow Sleep Mattress
There were no significant cons found in case of Tomorrow mattresses. However, some users reported the following:
- Gassing-off period
The Tomorrow mattress needs some time to get rid of the synthetic smell that comes out from the foam.
- Lacks the memory foam feel
People who are used to the sinking and being hugged feel of memory foam mattresses may not like this hybrid mattress.
Our final verdict for this purchase
Unlike other bed-in-the-box companies, what sets Tomorrow Sleep mattresses apart is the fact that it is backed by a company Serta Simmons Bedding which has been in the industry for more than a century and built up an enviable reputation.
The Tomorrow Sleep mattress uses the best combination of memory foam and pocketed innerspring coils to make a unique hybrid mattress that has several advantages over others. It not only provides unmatched pressure relief, support and comfort but also maintains a cool temperature around the body.
The mattress is durable, and the company provides industry best trial period of 365-nights which along with a 10-year warranty is ample proof of the confidence the company has in its product. This has been made possible by the use of premium quality foam layers and innerspring.
With two firmness choice, you can be assured that it is best suitable for you, whether you are a back-sleeper, side-sleeper or a stomach-sleeper.
Moreover, with its motion control features, your partner will not be disturbed even if you shift position during sleep.
What is more, despite all these premium features, you will be pleasantly surprised to find that it is priced less than its nearest competitors.
If you want to buy a hybrid mattress, you have no other better choice than to go in for Tomorrow Sleep mattress.
|Was this article helpful?|
|Thanks for letting us know!|