The multi-talented Will Smith has a total net worth of about $260 million with an annual income of approximately $35 million.
Born and raised in Philadelphia since 1968, Will had always dreamed of being a rapper. The star later took to acting and has never slowed down since. Smith is appreciated by all and has fans all over the world.
He is married to Jada Pinkett Smith and has two famous children- Jaden Smith and Willow Smith. He has a son named Trey Smith from his previous marriage to Sheree Zampino.
- Suggested Read – What is Brad Pitt’s Net Worth?
Earnings that comprise Will Smith Net Worth of $260M
- Will decided to become a singer at a young age of 16.
- His career in music started when he formed a rap group with the name ‘DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince’ in 1980’s releasing the hit single ‘Girl’s Ain’t Nothing but trouble’.
- The group even won a Grammy for their second album. His earnings from the music released by the group amounted to a total of $5.5 million
- His album Big Willie Style received nine platinum over Canada and US earning him $18 million.
- The album Willennium in 1999 and Born to Reign in 2002 was also a success and brought in $5 million and $500,000
His hit singles are:
- Freakin’ It
- Getting Jiggy wit it
- Just the two of us
Suggested Read – What is Frankie Muniz Net Worth?
Will Smith is known for his versatile acting and has given us many unforgettable films. His acting debut was in the sitcom ‘The Fresh Prince of Bel Air’. The total gross of all his movies up until 2018 is estimated to be around $3 billion. His most famous movies are:
- Bad Boys 1 and 2 – $22 million
- Men In black Franchise which earned him a total of $45 million from the original as well as two sequels.
- Pursuit of Happiness is a personal favourite of many people where he worked alongside his son Jaden and made a whopping $20 million
- iRobot and Hancock earned him $28 million and $20 million respectively
- 1996’s Independence Day- $5 million
- Ali- $20 million
- I am Legend released in 2007 grossed $256 million worldwide and is considered to be one of his finest movies.
- One of his latest movies Suicide squad where Will is a pro shooter and a villain saw him earn $20 million
- His Netflix movie Bright made more than $200 million worldwide.
Other movies that also earned Will his fortune are:
- Where the Day Takes you -$50,000
- Six Degrees of Separation- $500,000
- Made in America- $100,000
- Enemy of the State- $14 million
- Wild Wild West- $7 million
- The Legend of Bagger Vance- $10 million
The cars which make up the actor’s wide collection are:
- GL 450-$45,000
- Cadillac Escalade
- 1965 Ford Mustang
- Ford Taurus
- Mercedes Benz GL450
- The actor also owns a double-decker costing $2.5 million
Endorsements and ventures
- Will produced the movie ’Karate Kid’ starring his son Jaden in 2010 which was a worldwide hit and brought him a revenue of $5.5 million
- He produced his greatest hits such as Hitch and Pursuit of Happiness which earned him close to $149 million
- Will Smith is the co-founder of the production company named ‘Overbook Entertainment’ which produces movies, music and TV shows
- He also invested in a cosmetic line called ‘Carol’s Daughter’ and a website called ‘Fancy’
- He is one of the first investors in the sock brand ‘Stance’
Suggested Read – What is Jennifer Lopez Net Worth?
- The actor’s most lavish home is the one in Calabasas estate which costs $20 million. Aside from the existence of the many bedrooms and bathrooms, the 25,000 square feet mansion sports other amenities such as a tennis court, a volleyball court, a gym, a pool and a lake.
- Will and Jada also own 6.91 acres home at Kilauea, Kauai costing $12 million has seven bedrooms, seven bathrooms, swimming pool, spa, surrounded by an orchard and with a beautiful view of the ocean.
Will Smith is known be very generous at heart and has donated millions of money towards people in need.
- He donated $250,000 to an organisation run by Reverend James Robinson
- $200,000 to a Christian Ministry known as ‘Living Waters’.
- Will Smith gave $67,500 towards ‘New York Rescue Worker’s Detoxication Fund’ and $50,000 to Celebrity centre.
- He works closely with ‘Just Water.’
- The Smiths have contributed $900,000 to ‘Lupus Foundation’ and ‘Make-A-Wish foundation’.
- Mr and Mrs Smith also are founders of the Will and Jada Foundation that aims at education and welfare of disadvantaged youth.
Other charities and causes that Will Smith supports are:
- Dream Foundation
- Elton John AIDS Foundation
- Feeding America
- Red Cross
- Stand up to cross and many more.
Will Smith is one of the best actors of his generation as well as ours. He is evergreen and doesn’t disappoint his fans. He has so many projects coming up; we think that the actor will never run out of business.
Feature Image Credit: Snapshot from YouTube Video Vlogs by Will Smith
|Was this article helpful?|
|Thanks for letting us know!|